“3 stars is being kind.”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Niagara Falls, Canada
“3 stars is being kind.”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Had a shawarma.....it was disappointing.... the meat was bland, and you couldn't really tell if it was chicken. I also got pieces of chicken tendons in my food. Which I don't see why I did, if they stack boneless chicken on the spit. Also had a Greek salad, lettuce was brown and only received one olive. But for the price you pay for this very mediocre food why don't they assemble the food for you? I got a pita, salad for filler, and a take you tray of bland chicken pieces. If I wanted to do it myself I wouldn't have gotten take out. Oakville is a diverse place; YOU will only be disappointed if you try this poor excuse for Mediterranean food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 101amt

Massey, Canada
“Take my tip, I don't want your money.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The picture you see is not of the Montfort on Iroquois Shore.
I arrived at the restaurant at 12:10 pm. The waitress held up her fingers as if to ask one or two people. I said two, I was waiting for a friend. She brought over two menus, handed them to me and told me to take them and sit wherever I wanted. I waited at the front holding the menus until my friend arrived at 12:15. We sat down and the waitress came and took our beverage order. Twenty minutes later we still didn't have our drinks nor had our order for food been taken so I went to the bar and asked for service. They brought our drinks then took our food order. The food arrived relatively quickly but my pork was burned on one side - the side which wasn't visible when the plate was put in front of me. I ordered another pepsi and another 15 minutes later I had to go to the bar and ask for it again. The waitress said, she would take care of us because she knew she had given us poor service. With all of the waiting lunch took 1:15 without desert, hardly a quick lunch. Taking care of us amounted to 15% off our bill. When I suggested given everything it should be a little more than 15%. Her response was, "Don't give me a tip, if I reduce your bill any further it will come out of my salary. I would have been very pleased to be given 25% off the bill, but I was just appauled to have the waitress assumed after such appauling service that she was being given a tip. To be fair I didn't complain about the pork, but you can't tell me they didn't know they had burnt my food. This is my second experience here and my last.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MetisDawn
Burlington
“No surprises”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

As an expanding chain, Montforts has a lot to offer in terms of quality and diversity of food experience. Read the fine print on their promo coupons though. We've been surprised a couple of times to have them disallowed on the thinnest of reasons at two other locations.

Visited June 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Great staff and specials”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The owner here is a gem who greets you as a friend. ALwasy shas a great soup special. the lentil soup is fabulous. Food is always great here.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Graham Y
“Montfort Oakville - Always mouthwatering & friendy”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The classic Montfort. I think this place has been around since the late 80's? because I remember, half remember rolling in at 2pm for a quick Montfort chicken. This place has the best creamy garlic sauce, wow. Now double the size from the wayback original resto. Can't beat the food, and the staff are funny & friendly. I think they are still open late. Definate reco. Right of the QEW @ trafalgar, for those passing through. My wife is addicted to the food now. So we'll have to be back once a month. Kid friendly, even with 7 month olds. lol.
Honestly I'm not sure what the Aly534 is wining about, maybe she didn't take her meds?

• Visited November 2012