“Stoney's Rocks!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stoney's is one of the best places in Oakville to go with friends for a Sunday brunch or any other time. Helpful hint: try to give yourself lots of time between 11am - 1pm on Sundays due to the church goers and late risers on Sundays. It takes away to be waited on and seated, but it's well worth the wait!

There are newer reviews for Stoney's Bread Company

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My Oakville buddies told me they were taking me to a "sandwich" shop they liked. Stoney's isn't a sandwich shop. It makes scrumptious casual food; I had the lamb Panini -- delicious, tender lamb in a yummy garlic aioli sauce. It is very busy -- you stand in line, order, and then sit down -- cafeteria style.

The food is worth the wait. The place is hopping and tables turn over quickly. Note that the sandwiches are very big and a bit messy. I ended up using a fork and knife to manage mine. I had a late lunch, skipped supper and wasn't hungry for breakfast the next day!

My colleagues had the Chicken Curry Sandwich and the Steak Sandwich -- and we were all in a meat-induced euphoric haze for the balance of the afternoon.

This is a self-serve location; the restaurant staff work hard to clear tables and get you seated, but not much more.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious - fresh - hits the spot every time. Great menu, just the right amount of options, with amazing ingredients in every dish. Excellent choice for lunch or brunch.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I've lost track of how many trips I've taken to Stoney's.
I had seen Stoney's on You Gotta Eat Here and thought it looked pretty good! I have been to a few other YGEH restaurants and been unimpressed so I wasn't about to get my hopes up about Stoney's.
Well I believe that even if I had gotten my hopes up they still would have been surpassed!
My first time it was insanely busy, as it was Sunday and their brunch is clearly very popular. My friend and I waited for about 20 minutes in a line that ran down the centre of the dining area and while we had to keep shuffling one way or another to avoid other patrons the atmosphere was quite pleasant and we didn't mind one bit.
I got the Eggs Florentine and my friend had the Egg Sandwich (jampacked omelette on FANTASTIC fresh bread!)
Fresh baked bread toasted with Brie and piled high with rich tomato chutney, spinach 3 poached eggs and hollandaise... how could this not be amazing!

The Jerk Chicken Sandwich has since become my go to sandwich. I mean... it is the king of delicious things between to halves as far as I'm concerned! The Pork sandwich is scrumptious, the Fungi Pizza is overloaded in a good way with mushrooms, the Curry Chicken sandwich YUM! I could go on and on.

Other reviewers have complained (I don't even understand HOW) about the closeness of the seats and the "cafeteria" style dining (which I don't understand as you order at the counter but a server still brings your food). First of all it's unique. This place isn't a cookie cutter restaurant. It has atmosphere and a community feel while offering delicious, fresh and beautifully plated food. I live in the Niagara region and I would gladly drive the 45 mins and battle traffic to eat at Stoney's again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I first visited Stoney's a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Haven't been back since but have recommended it to others based on that visit. Unfortunately I will have to change my tune based on my second visit.

Busy mid week day, but from what I hear it's usually that way. Waited in line, picked out my order and we went with a margherita pizza to share and I picked the rosemary roasted pork loin sandwich with tomato onion confit, spinach and asiago. My husband saw their dessert display and asked about these very sweet looking squares (name escapes me now, but he said his mom used to make them all the time....some kind of condensed milk concoction) He asked the cashier if they contained nuts as he has a mild allergy, nothing fatal and she responded no, but we don't make them in house so we can't say for certain they haven't come in contact...etc, etc. No problem, not a contact issue so he ordered one of those as well as a flat iron steak sandwich.

Service was quick enough given the level of business, but upon receiving the pizza, I noticed that it didn't look much like any margherita pizza I had ever seen, it was loaded with mozzarella cheese to the point that was all you could see...just a slab of cooked cheese. The pork sandwich didn't look as I expected either but that's neither here nor there I suppose. Biggest disappointment thus far.....both sandwiches were served on ACE Bakery buns. I'm fairly certain my previous visit had been made that much better by house baked bread....after all it is called Stoney's BAKERY...?

Anyhow, went in for the pizza while still hot. Woah salty!! So much cheese it was a little chewy on top as it had started to set in room temperature. Fresh basil underneath and from what I could tell, the roasted tomato sauce was made well, but entirely inedible. I had a half of and 1/8th and my husband a piece and that was it. The pork sandwich was very sloppy because unfortunately they had tossed the pork with the tomato onion confit, thus rendering the rosemary portion nonexistent. It was okay, but I think my overall disappointment had at this point tainted my opinions. My husband really enjoyed his sandwich and asked me to try, I did, and again felt it was just alright, again, most likely it was better than I thought but there was little to convince me at this point.

To top it off, my husband looks at the square and says to me "there's walnuts all in this." I almost found it funny...he hadn't bitten it yet so no danger there, but really?

Worst part? NO SERVICE. The way they work it, you pick your meal, pay for it a la fast food style, then are given a table card and you go pick a table and wait for the food to arrive. Big downside to that (for the customer, not the employees I gather) is that IF there is an issue or issues with your meal, there is no one to talk to about it unless you want to get up and go bother the cashier or the cooking line while they're getting swarmed. No table checks, no goodbyes....we just left. He may go back sometime but for me that's too many mistakes to risk my money again. Thanks for listening (reading.)

2  Thank Sam T