“Basketball Tourney”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Waterloo, Canada
“Basketball Tourney”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff (front desk and room attendants) were all quite friendly and accommodating. Our whole team stayed here. The only complaint is the breakfast room is too small for the size of the hotel when it is full. I was asked to leave to make room for other guests and I hadn't quite finished yet. Otherwise, the hotel is typical of the chain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
bwoshawa, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
BigmanPete,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I am happy that overall your stay seemed to have gone very well, but I do apologize for your experience with our breakfast. We will review internally as to how we can improve in the area's mentioned. We look forward to seeing you back during your next visit to the Oshawa area.

Kind Regards,

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
La Peche, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our experience at the Best Western Plus in Oshawa was very good. The person at the desk was very pleasant and helpful. The person who cleaned our room was very helpful and provided all that we asked for. When we called the desk for help, the service was excellent. I would encourage you to stay and enjoy your time in Oshawa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Pauline L,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We take pride in making our guests experience a memorable one, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Right off the 401 10 mins to town newly renovated clean rooms comfortable beds nice place regular room rates around $100 a night, I usually stay at best Western Hotels. I did go back a couple of nights later to stay another night could not even get my 10% CAA discount Hotel policy is if near capacity no discounts and they wanted $40 plus more a night, not a good policy when your a frequent user of there services in fact it sucks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
bwoshawa, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Larmac46,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback regarding our renovations and I am glad that you had a good night's sleep during your stay. As per our conversation regarding the rate matter we are glad that we will see you back next time you are in the Oshawa area.

Regards,

Binbrook, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our room door wouldn't lock and when I told the front desk they didn't sound too concerned. The lady greeting you at breakfast was handling the food (pancakes and scrambled eggs) with her bare hands NO GLOVES. She was taking the pancakes and running them through the toaster to warm them because the warming trays didn't have any burners under them. She also was moving the scrambled eggs around with her bare hands as well. VERY UNSANITARY and UNPROFESSIONAL. This is how people get sick - she should be using gloves!!!!!

Room Tip: just don't go there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deb K
Deb K,

I am very sorry that your recent stay with us was not a satisfactory experience. We have taken your feedback and shared it with the mentioned departments and have taken appropriate action in the above areas. Please contact me directly I would be happy to discuss your stay in further detail at 905 723 5271 x 409.

Best Western Plus Oshawa

Travellers are raving about these Oshawa hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel many times for business. Biggest disappointment is hotel wasn't able to deliver a quality product even after their promised renovation. The room smells and you can find mold all along the ceiling above the curtain. The heating unit was so noisy that you cannot get a good night sleep. The door was painted but you ended up with a hard time closing it until you slam it close. You can see patches everywhere along the corridor ceiling which I believe are water leaks. I will not return to this hotel for my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy facing the highway and the train tracks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Clemen C
Stephenville, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was impressed by the spaciousness of the room as well as the big screen TV, comfortable bed and awesome pillows. The room was bright with large windows and light blocking drapes so I could sleep in. Loved the in room fridge and microwave. Also, the room had a personal coffee maker with as much coffee as needed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. High speed internet was always available. And finally the whole hotel smelled clean and fresh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank your for staying with us on your last visit to Oshawa, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western.
On Behalf of myself and my staff I would like to thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Thanks
Dana Gillingham
Best Western
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel is good for a quick one-night's stay. Close to big highways and VIARail and some rooms have been upgraded. Not something I would choose for a vacation and/or multi day stay. Staff is friendly. Bit of a drag to have to lug luggage in on stairs when room is on higher level. But no major complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!