“Best hotel with great employees #1 in Ottawa”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great location, very clean and friendliest employees of any Hotel I have ever stayed at. I stay at this Hotel Approximately 60 nights each year and I'm treated like a member of their work Family, never have had an issue 4 years. Thank you Greg,Jay, Asharif, Mike, Sandra and of course Dan! Can't forget the owners TJ and Anu. I'm sure I missed some other staff but they are all great! I. Would never stay any where else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We used our Priority Points for a one night get-a-way. This hotel did not disappoint us. It is just far enough off the road so that our front facing room did not hear any traffic. The breakfast was excellent - a good choice of bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, buns, cereals and fruit that was always replenished quickly when needed. The room was very clean (as was the entire hotel) and the bed had both firm and soft pillows to choose from for each of us. The pool is small but very refreshing and the hot tub was the perfect temperature. The staff was excellent. Jillian checked us in and she had a beautiful smile that would make anybody's day better. If there is anybody flying in or out of Ottawa, this is the perfect place for a lay-over. NOTE: We could not find the address on our GPS, so we asked for the intersection of Hunt Club and Uplands Drive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Will definitely stay again. Service was second to none. Staff are awesome. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was a welcome treat. Thanks to all staff who make my stay enjoyable. Would highly recommend this location for anyone needing a room close to the airport. Complimentary shuttle was also greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I checked in just for one night right before flying out from a conference. Jay at the front desk was incredibly friendly, helpful, and courteous. The room was spotless and comfortable and completely adequate. They do not have a restaurant in the hotel, but the front desk staff was helpful in getting me menus for local eateries who deliver (I had Greek on Wheels and it was delicious!).

I would highly recommend staying here when flying in/out of Ottawa!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Allison H
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We've stayed here numerous times to visit our son at Carleton Univ., just returned from another pleasant stay, never a disappointment. Spotlessly clean, friendly/helpful staff, great breakfast, pool, beds comfy with firm and soft pillow options, large rooms, good wi-fi. Will return again, without hesitation, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Was here for an extended weekend stay. I don't have much to add to what other travellers have stated - great staff, generous breakfast, nice facility. I asked for a quiet room away from the elevators and they gave me a great location on the top floor, end of the hall.

I did have one unusual experience though. I booked my stay through the central Holiday Inn reservation system. We had a special rate for one of those nights as part of a group stay, and the reservation people somehow had us booked for three one night stays instead of one three night stay. No problem, right? Well, it meant that our room key expired at 11:00 am each day, and housekeeping did not attend to our room in a timely fashion as their information did not indicate one three night stay....it was all kind of confusing. Upon our check-in, the attendant (Jay) attempted to rectify that, but I guess had a hard time overriding the reservation system. Hats off to him for making every effort though - he made sure there was an explanation of this convoluted reservation attached to our file so that we would not have to explain this to each front desk attendant each day. He was great about trying to resolve this. So were the other front desk staff - I brought up the housekeeping issue and they got on that right away to make sure our room was done up for us when we stepped out for a while one morning. I don't fault the hotel staff at all, as they were very helpful...but I was disappointed with the people at the central reservation system for the way they set this up.

Word of advice from one of the front desk attendants - and I will do this next time: If you know you are going to stay at a particular hotel, call the hotel directly to make your arrangements.

One other thing - AC problems in my room, #401....a noisy air conditioner that made all kinds of noise at the end of each cooling cycle. I reported the details when I checked out...so hopefully they will get their HVAC tech to address it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anacreon100
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The ultra quiet location is ideal being only 10 minutes from the airport. Easy to find and loads of free parking with airport shuttle. Major shopping 10 minutes to the east where you could find anything required. Restaurants a short drive to the East and West. The hotel itself is a slightly better appointed Holiday Inn Express then typical. My room was large, clean and had plenty of everything. Breakfast is adequate with nothing exceptional to report. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and obviously enjoy the hotel business. I would not hesitate to stay at this location again. Simple 20 min drive to Ottawa, you couldn't get lost if you were blindfolded.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the top and incredibly quiet.