“Excellent stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently stayed here on a quick overnight while making a flight connection. My room requests were honored. The room was ready at check-in and the desk agent was very polite and friendly. My room was clean, tidy and comfortable. The bed and linens were lovely and cozy.

It's a quick ride from the airport, just $10 by taxi - or a free shuttle that runs from pretty early to quite late.

There was a nice pub just across the parking lot - only a two minute walk. Good food and service there.

Unfortunately, I had a very early flight so had to leave the hotel well before breakfast and before the shuttle was running. The desk agent quickly packed me up a breakfast to go with fruit, yogurt and muffins - even when I told him it wasn't necessary. A very personal touch that I really appreciated. He also had a taxi there quickly so I didn't have to wait.

I was very impressed and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PrincessGolden
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for one night while travelling in the area for business. The location is nice as it is in the east end of Ottawa and one doesn't have to go right downtown. Lots of businesses and restaurants in the area. I booked a room with a king sized bed. Extremely large room, bright and clean with a small fridge and microwave unit. Nice work area. Internet was fast and I was able to connect with my work laptop and my iPad, but I wasn't able to connect with my Mac Pro Book. I understand they have had some issues with other guests using Mac's and are looking into this issue. Nice workout room with stationary bike, elliptical machine, treadmill and small universal unit. Indoor pool and hot tub. Continental breakfast included as well as an airport shuttle. I had no problem getting a late check-out as I got tied up with a teleconference call.

The front desk staff were excellent to deal with. Fast and friendly check-in. I booked in and then had to go out for business and didn't get back to the hotel till after 9:00 p.m. and hadn't had supper yet. When I passed the front desk, they inquired how my stay was and I asked if there were any Asian restaurants in the area that had vegetarian dishes and told them I was not familiar with the area. Within seconds, staff member Greg had a full menu in front of me and telephoned the restaurant to ensure they were open past 9:00 p.m. While I looked at the menu, he no doubt could see that I was tired from working all day and even offered to drive me to the restaurant with the shuttle van, given some flights were delayed and no one was scheduled to go to the airport. This isn't something I would expect on a regular basis, but from what I have read on Trip Advisor, it is just another example of how the staff go above and beyond to assist the people staying with them. To end it off, the food was amazing, the hotel was great and when I am back in the Ottawa area and need a hotel, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MuskokaMan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My parents stayed at this hotel twice over the last six months. On both occasions both they and I found the staff to be super friendly and understanding. This friendliness permeated throughout the place, from check-in staff to housekeeping to the restaurant. They really took the extra steps to make my parents feel welcomed and I felt comfortable leaving them in capable hands.

The rooms were spotless too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bowlockse2
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my first stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Ottawa. The customer service was outstanding. Mike at the front desk really took care of me. The room was comfortable and clean. My travel companion and I woke up feeling well rested in our comfortable bed. Overall, we only have positive things to say about our stay. I will not hesitate to return to this hotel when we come back to Ottawa!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I always choose this hotel when I'm visiting Ottawa. The staff at the front desk went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. They were happy to provide me with a toothbrush and tooth paste when I realized I didn't pack my own. The entire hotel was exceptionally clean. Cleaning staff were efficient and thorough in the rooms. Our room was just what we needed after a long drive. The beds are very cozy and I appreciated the "soft" and "firm" pillow options (with embroidered labels on the pillow cases!). This is my hotel of choice when I visit Ottawa, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stay at this hotel whenever i come to visit family and I love the smell as i walk in through the front door of this hotel (fresh cotton scent), very inviting. It is not in a busy area and parking is free! The ease of finding parking, checking in and checking out is what makes it feel comfortable and gives it that feel as if I am just walking through the front door of my house.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Row R,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so pleased to be your choice hotel during your trips to Ottawa. We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Warm Regards, Guest Services

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Had a business meeting on site with about 15 participants. Facilities seemed to be fine, staff was great. Hotel was cleaner than most chai. Hotels in North America, so kudos to management and staff. Breakfast is ok and kid-friendly, but could be a bit healthier simply by including plain yogurt (please - enough of the artificial crap!) and at least one non-sweetened cereal (all four options were frosted). In their defense, plain instant oatmeal and eggs were present.

No restaurant troubled some people as we all arrived at various hours through the evening, but the front desk advised me very well on my options (take out, a close pub). I ordered Greek food and it was lightening fast. But, I'd have enjoyed a glass of wine, but that's not an option at this hotel.

Which brings me to the major complaint: Our group grumbled extensively that we were stuck in a hotel without a bar. Indeed, lots of post-meeting interaction can occur over a drink. Therefore, our group will definitely not return. We are not crazy drinkers, but a post-meeting exchange over an aperitif would have been appreciated.

However, for a quick and simple stay near the hotel, I'd recommend. The complimentary shuttle service was great, too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Spzjlb,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are pleased you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and service we offer.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Joel B