“Good for a quick game in Ottawa”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently we had to travel to Ottawa for a soccer game, only my daughter and I, plus many of her team. Rooms were spacious, clean. Good breakfast in the AM.
did not use the pool, it looked nice. There was a nice patio we could gather at in the evening. No beverage service.
If you have a soccer or hockey team, please do not leave the kids unattended, they will ask you to leave, they are not baby sitters or supervisors. Parents and Coaches beware.
Close to good restaurants, not downtown.

Room Tip: spend the extra to upgrade to the suite, worth it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We often use airport hotels before an early morning flight.

Overall, this is a great hotel, very close to the airport and right next door to the Park & Fly.
The hotel does offer shuttle service but the running hours did not fit our schedule so we could not take advantage of the room/parking deal.

With this in consideration, we felt that the room rate (even when using our CAA) was on the high end. Not sure if it was just that weekend, or if it's the usual rate. For a bit more $, we could have parked there for a week, but instead had to pay the room and the Park & Fly next door.

The room was large, clean and quiet. The bed very comfy.
No issues with the wifi.

We were very impressed with the lovely breakfast bag they prepared for us, since we had to leave before the breakfast area opened. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevators. Our request was honoured. It was a great room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our family booked four rooms for a Convocation event, and all we clean and acceptable. Good location and easy access to city center. Pool had just been renovated, and gym was in very good shape. Breakfast was fine. Good service from staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has never stopped striving for excellence since it opened 3 years ago. Most new hotels slide downhill a bit after their opening, but this property is still in "mint" condition and continues to find better ways to serve its guests. For example, their excellent complimentary hot (and cold) breakfast now includes regular, fat-free, and the oh-so-trendy Greek yogurt. It's little things like that prove how committed this hotel is to service.

Several restaurants are a 5 minute drive away, but if you don't have a car the staff will provide a courtesy shuttle to deliver you back and forth to your restaurant of choice.

The business centre has 2 work stations and features a very high quality printer should you need it. The pool, hot tub, and fitness centre are kept impeccably clean.

The elevators and hallways are also spotless, as are the rooms. The beds are comfortable and well made. They must have done something special with the windows, as I never hear any plane noise when I stay here. All rooms also have a fridge and HD TV.

This hotel provides great value as well. My corporate rate was $125. Downtown, I would have paid $57 more per night ($32 for the hotel and $25 for the parking).

Despite being only 3 years old, this hotel works hard to stay in tip-top shape. I'm guessing this trend will continue, as a new Hampton Inn is being built next door. I'm guessing this will only make the staff at this HIE work even harder to continue to please their customers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I normally stay downtown when in Ottawa, but thought I'd try this place as it's pretty new and was about 1/2 between downtown and where I needed to be for work.

The hotel was great. Very clean, great staff, huge room. The breakfast was ok, not as good as some other Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at, but you can scrounge a decent meal from it (actually, without the sodium filled sausage/patties it would be really good).

If I needed a place to stay overnight before catching an early flight, or was stuck at the airport overnight I'd definitely stay here again. There are several places in walking distance to eat, and even more short drive away.

There was plenty of power in the room for all the electronics you might have, including outlets on the bedside table that were great for charging my phone. The wireless internet was pretty laggy, but it would probably be fine for internet browsing. I used my phone as a hot-spot since that seemed to be working better - this often happens with Hotel WiFi. There was no wired network port.

One thing that was annoying is that I arrived to find the pool would be closed for essentially my entire stay (1 week). Having a pool is one of the most important criteria for me when choosing a hotel, so when this sort of thing is scheduled (and it apparently was) I would really appreciate being told that at booking time.

Room Tip: There is a lot of construction on the north side of the building, and also, the sun beats in there i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Almaniac,

Thank you for posting a detailed review about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased you liked our hotel’s cleanliness, huge rooms, and great staff. On the other hand, please accept our apologies for our shortcomings with regard to the internet connectivity and pool area. Please be assured that all your comments are important to us, and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We look forward to your next visit when you can continue to enjoy all the hotel amenities.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Visited for business and needed a room for one night when most hotels were sold out. I was lucky enough to book a room at this hotel and I will say it is my first stay here and definitely will not be my last.

Greg at front desk was amazing! Pleasant, accommodating and extremely personable. Please contact him with any questions you have. He loves to help!!

Room Tip: Get a suite. They are huge!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at the Holiday Inn hotel close to the airport for 2 days. As we entered the hotel, there was an inviting scent. The staff were extremely friendly, and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The staff provided excellent service from the start of our stay until the end. The hotel was well maintained and incredibly clean. Some great features were free parking, breakfast and internet access. My fiancee and I really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family