“Great after a long day...”

Traveller's Haven Motel
Ranked #48 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Kitchener, Canada
“Great after a long day...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After being in my truck all day, Traveller's Haven was a welcome site. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, shower was hot, and the view was wonderful. I was easily able to pull in with my truck, and it wasn't too far away from my route. I wish I had remembered my swimming trunks, as the pool would have been a perfect way to relax after driving all day.

The rooms were very affordable, and although I left early, there would have been coffee and muffins in the morning.

This motel will definitely be on my list of places to stay if I'm up that way again...or maybe make special trip out with the wife...one never knows.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Trucker_John_Ducey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our group of 10, mostly old timers had a wonderful time. Service was excellent, staff very friendly. Very cute cabins, clean pool. Owner provided us with a new b.b.q. and all the coffee we wished the next morning. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Extremely comfortable bed. Love the pillow.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a great place to stay when travelling to Ottawa. Cabins near the Rideau river, a nice alternative to staying in the heart of downtown, while still being minutes away. Owner has clearly done some work here and the rooms are comfortable and CLEAN. Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, rates are more than reasonable. Surprised to see there aren't many reviews on here - definitely a hidden gem !

Room Tip: Cabins are definitely the way to go for a cozy experience.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hubby and I spent one night in on of the little cabins and absolutely loved it. The cabin was very clean, the bed really comfortable, nice flat screen tv, mini fridge, microwave, and nice fireplace adding to the ambiance of a little wood cabin. There is no frills here but the price is exactly right at $99 per night, the staff so nice and friendly and I have to add that their complimentary coffee is probably one of the best I have ever had and their muffins absolutely delicious.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GardenGrown
TravellersHaven, Owner at Traveller's Haven Motel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I would like to thank you for your very kind words. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in every way..... from our comfortable beds to your morning coffee and muffins:) I shoud mention that just this week, we had another fireplace installed into another private cabin, and this one's even nicer . I guess you'll just have to visit us again sometime:)...Michael
Clayton, ON
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I were delighted to stay in a cabin for a weekend. The room was very clean and tidy and we were provided with ample dishes for the kitchenette and towels for showers. The owner and staff provided top notch service. In fact, the owner had just assembled a brand new BBQ the day we arrived and offered it for our usage when we needed it the next night. When we came back from the function we were attending Saturday morning, we found the new BBQ complete with new utensils on our doorstep. All other staff were quite friendly and helpful. The only little negative aspect was the inability for the bathroom fan to exhaust the humid air from showers. The bathroom mirror and windows stayed fogged up for quite a while. This could be a little problematic in winter if you don't want to open the windows.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Joanne S
TravellersHaven, Owner at Traveller's Haven Motel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
I wanted to thank you for the nice review. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again sometime in the near future. I also wanted to thank you for informing us that your bathroom fan was not working properly. I apologize for that and corrected the problem immediately. No more fogged mirrors :) Have a great day!
Quebec
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great friendly service. There are plenty of brochures with information to visit the local sites or anything you would like to know about the area. Good price. Best sleep ever in this nice clean queen size bed. Shops & restaurants are just a few miles away. I have no problem with that. The cabin is the best choice. It is quiet and peaceful. There is a large grassy back yard for children to play safely. There is your flat screen tv with lots of stations available, fridge, microwave and let me not forget the air conditioning unit. There is also a large clean shower stall, telephone and alarm clock although you can get a wake up call from the front office.

Obviously I did not verify the reviews for this motel before booking a room. I am glad that I did not. I am shocked to read these negative reviews here now. You cannot possibly be talking about the same Travellers Haven Motel in Ottawa, Ontario. If you were, you should absolutely give this motel another try then because you are missing out.

I will return to this haven whenever I will be in the Ottawa area. Thanks for the experience!

Room Tip: The cabin. Stay in the cabin. There is a picnic table just in front of it. It has a calming effect...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank UBUBlue
I’m very glad to hear you that you had the ‘best sleep ever’ in one of our private cabins. It was only this summer that we renovated every room and private cabin with brand new furniture and beds. We’ve done a lot more upgrades recently including purchasing large screen 42 inch tv’s in our cabins and 37inch in our rooms. Certainly is nice to hear compliments and that you’ll be back one day. I am sorry for only replying to you now but nevertheless, greatly appreciated your feedback.
Holmes Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The room I stayed in was small, but really all I needed. It had a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Everything was very clean and tidy! I usually always pick my motels off tripadvisor and thought I had with this one, but reading the other comments I probably would have avoided it. I'm glad I didn't!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Amoep
TravellersHaven, Owner at Traveller's Haven Motel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Amoep,

We’re glad to read you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your comments. If you enjoyed your stay in May 2013, you’ll be even more impressed now with all of our new upgrades including all new furniture and beds in every room as of August 2013.

We look forward to your next stay with us,

Sincerely yours,