“A Must for Bagel Fans”

Ranked #3 of 43 Bakeries in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Kettleman's has it going on. When you walk in the door you will witness the enticing smell and view the huge variety of freshly baked bagels emerging from the custom made ovens. Their selection of bagels is impressive! My daughter is Vegan and she loves their vegetarian bagel as it's served with spicy eggplant, swiss cheese and pesto sauce. She gets it with dairy free cream cheese and it's really delicious. I love "The Italian" and the Montreal smoked meat with honey mustard. I only wish Kettleman's was here in Bucharest! What a great place to score a satisfying meal at a good price. I'll be back!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

What a cool place. Bagels are amazing! So fresh - made in front of you. Chicken and tuna salad are excellent. Also have a variety of other foods besides bagels. You need to eat here while visiting Ottawa! Awesome location in the Glebe!

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

I love this place! I used to go to the Glebe location 2-3 times per week but since moving, I only get there when I can.
The atmosphere is great. Seems like an old fashion deli, with a newly renovated interior.
The bagels are made fresh right in front of you.
Try the combo 1. It's a Breakfast bagel (egg, bacon, cheese) with a potato latke and choice of beverage. It's the best!
The Super House special (MTL Smoked Meat) with Swiss cheese is great too! The sweet mustard makes the sandwich.
It's a must stop in Ottawa. I take all of my vacationing friends here.
I miss being closer!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I ate at Kettleman's on Carling yesterday for lunch. The food was fine. My daughter had the Italian bagel which was good and I had the breakfast bagel. The restaurant was very dirty on the floors and walls etc. We were there when it was not busy, so I was surprised Kettleman's management didn't have a staff member sweeping. This is the first time I have noticed how dirty the floor was but then I usually just order bagels and take them home.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Montreal style bagels opposite Landsdowne Park. Nice and chewy and you can get them toasted. Eat with cream cheese!