“Friendly Staff”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The location is amazing. Self parking is right underground. The room phone was not working but was taken care of right away. Concierge and staff is amazing. Will be staying here again for sure. 24 hours tim hortons is right in the lobby.

Room Tip: Get a room 21st floor or higher facing the river. Nice view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Delta Hotel in Ottawa Ontario from Aug 5 to Aug 8. I have to say that the room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. There was a 42 inch flat screen T.V. in the room with many varied channels. The hotel was within walking distance to many attractions. We were driving so we were glad that they had underground parking with a lot of room to park. We found that the restaurant in the hotel was good but very expensive. The breakfast buffet was $21.95 on weekdays and $18.95 on weekends and holidays and no that is not backwards. We asked why it is more during the week than on weekends and the answer we got was because there are a lot of government workers that come for breakfast during the week. Overall it was a very nice stay. The only negative about this hotel was that the bathroom was very small. I could sit on the toilet and touch the wall on either side of me and the door in front of me. Also the bathtub was very slippery and I had to be very careful when taking my shower every morning. They should have a rubber mat that can be put in the tub to prevent the slippery situation. Also it would have been nice to have a fridge in the room especially since the ice machine on our floor (9th) was broken and had to go to the 12th floor for ice. I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a fridge.
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel due to my conference being held there and I loved it. Conference rooms were chilly but nice layout. My hotel room that I had was beautiful, absolutely loved the layout!!!
Bathroom was tiny, even for a 5'6" person. So be ready to squeeze yourself in!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was a last minute trip we decided to take that we booked on Hotels.com. Nastassia and Marlyn are the best .As soon as we got there they made us feel so welcome and did their best to answer all our questions. There was valet parking or for a few dollars less you can park your on car at the hotel parking spot which was right alongside the hotel. We stayed in room 2520 ,the room was really spacious and comfortable. It was a nice gesture for the hotel to put a bottle of water and chocolates everyday at your bedside. I know it is nothing to brag about but of all the hotels we stayed at never had this. Hotel is also very close to all attractions. Overall we love this hotel and will definitely visit again.

2  Thank islandgirl197267
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Top marks for this Delta Hotel. Had a great one night stay there. Had a horrible drive from Toronto to Ottawa due to heavy traffic however all was forgotten when we encountered Annick at the front desk. What a charming young lady who is really passionate about customer service and clearly enjoys her job and dealing with the public. I hope that Delta is smart enough to hold onto her for a very long time.

The hotel itself is centrally located down town - close to the Parliament Buildings and lots of nice restaurants. We had a great room with a very comfortable bed. The place had free Wifi which was great. Whenever we are in Ottawa in the future this will be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing the Parliament Buildings. Also there is a Tim Hortons on the Lower Level.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter picked this hotel because of the colors of the rooms. Very modern and well appointed high end property. When we asked for directions at the front, they were very helpful with maps at hand. Full service hotel that is extremely friendly, clean and offered us a great view on the 22nd floor. One of my pet peeves with these high rise hotels is the length of time you can wait for an elevator, but not the case here. There was no noticeable issue with the wait. Even though we were up quite high, they have windows that actually open for fresh air which is a great bonus! The room was immaculate and perfectly quiet, except for the low drown of the city traffic from the open window. This was my choice and i like that background sound to help me sleep. Close the window if you prefer perfect silence.
One word of caution, i was driving an SUV and requested parking. They directed me to the underground parking area and frankly if i was driving a small car it would be great but a larger SUV and it was a cautious tip-toeing to get in and around. A more confusing maze i have not been in. I only had an inch to spare in height so be aware. In all fairness, they do warn you, but you have to a confident driver.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kathy T, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for offering your feedback through the TripAdvisor site. We were pleased that you enjoyed the service, and view from the 22nd floor! We did want to apologize for the difficulties you experienced parking in the underground facility, and assure you that the hotel also offers a parking area for over-sized vehicles, and valet-parking, for those not as assured as yourself. We hope to welcome you back to Delta Ottawa City Centre.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is conveniently located downtown close to the Byward Market, Parliament Hill and many great restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was accommodating in providing us with a fridge and extra towels. The room was spacious, modern and clean. Would definitely stay again if back in Ottawa.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family