“Great hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Crystal Beach, Canada
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Great room with so much space. Separate Bedroom. A kitchen with a full size stove, a full size fridge and a dishwasher. Room was very clean. Hotel staff were very helpful and polite. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We did not use the pool or room service.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you thought we were a clean hotel with helpful staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community.

We hope to welcome you back to Ottawa again soon!

Amanda Craig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Barrie
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Our room was just as we were told it would be. Very pleasant surprise. Size was amazing and extremely comfortable. It was nice to have the little kitchen as we were there for a few nights and I do like my coffee and breakfast. We brought supplies and were able to make our own just like at home. The hotel and our room was very clean and bright. Lots of natural light. Will definitely stay for our next visit.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you that you found the hotel to be very clean, bright and comfortable. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience online with our future guests.

We look forward to your next visit to Ottawa!

Strathroy, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great stay, excellent location. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Having the full kitchen and the layout of the suites was a great added amenity as we were traveling with an infant. There was a pub and a separate restaurant attached to the hotel; the restaurant was horrible and I would not suggest it. We did however stop by the pub for a drink and it was good. I wish there was a pool but not a big deal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

Though we are happy to hear you had a great stay, we are very sorry to hear that you had a different experience in our restaurant. The hotel does not own the restaurant however we do have a good relationship with their owner and manager. I would appreciate an opportunity to better understand your experience so I may forward this to them. If you are available to do so, can you please contact me at 1-800-267-6644 or Amanda@albertatbay.com?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Cairo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am a returning customer. I stayed at the Albert at Bay 14 years ago, and remember that it was a good experience. Returning this fall, I found that it was renovated. I spent a month there and it helped make my work trip memorable.

I stayed in a one bedroom (queen) unit on the 7th floor. It was very clean. Everyone was friendly and made sure to accommodate my needs. The apartment size was just right, and the extra bathroom was very useful, especially when I had people over for a work meeting. I also appreciated the flexibility in the timing of servicing the room. This made a big difference as there were days when I had to stay in and work during the mornings before going out. I also like the storage space which I used to put my suitcases and work material, so the apartment was always neat and clutter free. The internet connection was fast and I never had a problem there.

I know I will always stay there when I am in Ottawa next. I am grateful to the staff and especially acknowledge lovely Danika from Sales, and the wonderful and always smiling James from the staff.

Room Tip: There are two types of one bedroom units (queen size bed), one of them has two bathrooms. This has a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel during your month long stay in Ottawa.

We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent experience. Thank you for taking the time to share this online with the Trip Advisor community. Danika and James and all of the staff were honored to see that you enjoyed the personal service that was provided.

We hope that you are able to join us again soon in Canada's Capital City.

Saskatoon, Sask.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Pros:
The spacious and clean suites had two LCD screen displays (livingroom and bedroom). Ample closets and dresser drawers for your clothes.
A great sleep as the bed was very comfortable and the place was really quiet.
A fully equipped kitchen that allowed one to make a meal from scratch or refrigerate and re-heat leftovers from a restaurant.
A secure underground parking for vehicles at $20.95 a day. This is especially nice when the weather outside is cold and wet.
Staff, from front desk to housekeeping, was friendly and helpful

Cons:
It is located at the edge of downtown. Approximately 2 km to the Byward Market, Rideau Centre, restaurants and eateries, it might be a distance for some. The weather was cold and brisk, so a couple times walking back to the hotel from this area, I wish I would have booked a hotel closer to the core.

The WiFi, although complimentary, was very intermittently good. Most times, I would have to wait up to a couple of minutes before I could access my email or internet. I was lucky if I could get a maximum of a two bar signal.

Summarize:
Would I stay here again? The only reason we go to Ottawa is to visit friends and didn’t spend a lot of time at the hotel. Therefore, we didn’t use all the amenities the suite had to offer and probably never will. I think I would book a hotel closer to the downtown core.

However, I highly recommend for families and/or large groups. The price for what you get is more than reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed review online. Thank you for the kind words about the suites and our staff.

We do apologize that the internet was only intermittently good during your stay. If you are available to do so, could you please contact me to let me know the date of your stay and your room number so this can be properly investigated? I can be reached at Amanda@albertatbay.com or 613-238-8858.

In regards to our location, we completely understand it may be further away from the sites and friends you came to see. We do hope to have the opportunity to host you again when you have need for the larger suites. We are always happy to see you at The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Recently our family came to Ottawa for a family birthday celebration and decided to make a weekend of it.Of course we stayed at Albert at Bay .From the moment we all arrived each and every one of us were greeted by friendly,courteous staff. The suites were great and one of the rooms became our gathering spot. The location of this hotel is perfect to walk pretty well anywhere you need to go to in Ottawa. Great clean and well equipped suites,friendly knowledgeable staff and great location.Who wouldn't want to keep coming back time after time?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience online.

On behalf of all the staff, we can't wait for you to stay here again too!

Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Had to go to Ottawa for meetings and stayed at the Albert at Bay Hotel.

A great room and excellent service.

Front Desk Staff were always friendly and happy to help.

The restaurant food was, as expected, quite tasty and the service was quick.

I will continue to stay here whenever I travel to Ottawa.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We were thrilled to read your online review. Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about the hotel and the front desk staff. We are lucky to have such an amazing team, they are our greatest asset.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Thank you for continuing to stay with us whenever you travel to Ottawa.