My husband and I made a habit of always staying at the Albert at Bay whenever we went to Ottawa, however our last stay was not nearly as enjoyable. For starters, in the past we always booked a Queen bdrm suite through the hotel's website, however on our last trip, we booked a package through the Ottawa Tourism website for a Queen room, and the room we received was considerably smaller than what we were used to, so I have a feeling they leave some of the less desirable rooms for those who book packages through that site. Secondly, and pardon the crudeness of this, the toilet was either broken, or was such a cheap "low-flow" model that multiple flushes were required for anything more than a #1. Also, the key slider on the door required numerous (sometimes 10+) swipes in order to get it unlocked. I complained to the front desk about this and they said it was likely my husband's cell phone being too close to the door when we were trying to unlock it... funny we never had that problem before. Lastly, while the hotel itself is rather nice, and in a quiet area, expect at least a 20-30min walk to get to the Parliment buildings and Byward market, another reason why we are looking at a different hotel our our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Suite Hotel located 1 block from shopping & business area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Albert at Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert At Bay Hotel Ottawa
- Hotel Albert At Bay Suite