My husband, teenage son and I stayed here for two days in July. Booking was quick and easy, staff were helpful and friendly.
We had a superior two bedroom (two queen beds in each room), two bathroom suite which was extremely spacious and clean. The bedrooms/bathrooms are on opposite sites of the living space so the apartment would be suitable for two couples to share. The apartment was situated at the rear of the building and therefore we experienced no problems with traffic noise.The kitchen was well equipped for our basic needs. Wifi was good. My husband used the gym and had no complaints. The laundry room (tokens obtained from reception at extra cost) has several washing machines and dryers which were all available at the time of our use. Ironing board/iron were available in the apartment. Parking, at extra cost, is available in the garage. We were driving an SUV and had no problem with access - there is a sign showing the height limit as being 6' - and found the garage to be very spacious when compared to underground parking areas in the UK.
There was a small grocery store (basics only) adjoining the hotel as well as a restaurant, but we did not eat there so cannot comment.
On the first evening, we walked for about 10 mins to Parliament Hill to view the Sound and Light Show, which was amazing. Spectators sit on the lawn in front of the building so it is a good idea to take something to sit on. The second evening, we attended a show at the National Arts Centre which was about a 15 min walk. On both evenings, we felt comfortable walking in the area - there were many other people around. We also walked to the Ottawa War Museum, approx. 15 mins, but would not do this again as the walk was along busy roads which were not in any way scenic! We would definitely drive to the Museum on a return visit.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Suite Hotel located 1 block from shopping & business area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Albert at Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert At Bay Hotel Ottawa
- Hotel Albert At Bay Suite