“Great place in downtown Ottawa”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Albert House Inn

Albert House Inn
Ranked #4 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Great place in downtown Ottawa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Came for business reasons because it was close to where I needed to be, but I would recommend it for anyone -- good rates, right downtown, and extremely nice innkeepers!

(And a good made-to-order breakfast, too.)

Room Tip: Be careful when booking if you have trouble with stairs -- I did not see an elevator to the upper fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Farnham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We spent two (2) wonderful days at Albert House Inn; and, the owners were extra wonderful in making our stay enjoyable. There is plenty of information available for things to o in Ottawa; and, the staff is very knowledgeable about this beautiful city of Ottawa.
We will definitely return again; this was our third time there!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Denis C
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I would like to share my wonderful experience at the Albert House Inn. This was my first time in a smaller hotel. I was there for one week at the beginning of December, in a moderate single. All the rooms have their own bathroom and shower or bath.
The owners (Cathy and John) and their team were always helpful and considerate. The room was perfect for my needs. Everything was clean and comfortable and worked well!
The breakfast, included in the room rate, was perfect and delicious. I tried many of the options and was never disappointed.
I can't think of anything negative to say about the Inn. The location is great. You can take a bus directly from the airport. You are downtown with so many options as far as activities and restaurants. It's so convenient. I look forward to my next stay. Thank you Cathy!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank donadela
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My first stay at the Albert House was 30 years ago as a graduate student. Now I'm grey-haired & semi-retired, but I still enjoy the historic Albert House when I come to Ottawa. Kathy & John go that extra mile to provide a homey atmosphere, and the hearty breakfast menu is great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank JamFred
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I usually stay at the Marriott when I travel to Ottawa on business but this time around I decided to try something different. The Albert's rates were very competitive and parking was very reasonable for downtown Ottawa. I checked in early and was easily accommodated. My room was very clean and looked very comfortable. The gentleman who showed me to my room explained how to turn the heat on and how to connect to the wifi. The BB offers a Tasimo machine--free of use--in the main living room where the wood fire place is. In the morning, the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked draws you to the basement where breakfast is served. They offer a menu and everything on it sounds appealing. I had the eggs and bacon twice and the pancake sampler once. Both were absolutely delicious and came out very quickly. Local and national papers are provided free of charge--I read my Star while eating breakfast every morning.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about this place. The owners are clearly very proud of the amazing service they provide and that shows in their smiles and the condition of the home. Their team is also full of smiles and kind words. The house is clean, cozy and very welcoming. I will definitely consider staying here again!! Many thanks for an amazing stay Albert House!!

Room Tip: Room 301 is large, cozy and comfortable. Big screen TV is great for morning news while getting ready...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Paulizzy
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Cathy and her team really run this place with soul and character. I enjoyed the stay a lot and felt it was an experience in itself. It's a place where you feel like a welcome guest, not like a passing visitor.

The hotel is a historic building built by one of the Chief Architects of the Dominion for himself, though the building changed many hands since then. The Victorian spirit is still there, it's a bit of a time travel machine. And you feel taken good care of, too - be it at the wonderful breakfast cooked to the order (including by the inn keeper herself on Sundays!) and bowls of candies hidden in different corners of the hotel. And a wonderful coffee machine that guests can use during the day!

The location is great as well, walking distance from the Parliament and other significant sights.

The only minus is that there is no elevator, and the stairs to the front door are high and maybe slippery in winter.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IvettaG
albertinn, Owner at Albert House Inn, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. We do our best to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay with us. I do enjoy cooking breakfast and do so as often as I can when I am not needed at the Front Desk.

Yes, we do have several steps up to our front entrance but please be assured they are constantly cleared during the winter months and ice melt is applied whenever necessary to ensure safety at all times.

Thanks for staying with us.
Qualicum Beach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Cathy and her staff are delightful. Beautiful character place, clean and welcoming. Great location with lots to see in walking distance. Would not hesitate to return. Rooms are more than comfortable and the food was great. Would highly recommend for business or just a friendly visit to Ottawa

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple