“Extended stay hotel in great location”

Cartier Place Suite Hotel
Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Mattawa Ontario Canada
“Extended stay hotel in great location”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here on a business trip recently and found it very good. I had a two bedroom suite, really a small apartment, with full kitchen, small living room and balcony. Interior and furnishings were somewhat dated, but overall quality was good. There is an indoor, extra charge for the underground parking. Centrally located, close to parks, pubs and restaurants as well as the Rideau Canal.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Guwahati, India
Reviewed 11 November 2011

If you are on a business trip and plan to stay in ottawa for atleast a month i suggest you consider ths hotel. it is centerally located
There are bouble bed room suits and single bed room sulis also
it has a kitched .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The service was pretty good. Check in was a breeze and so was check out. Parking was underground for $17 and seemed very secure. Dogs are allowed. The maid service in room was kinda shabby, I had to fix the bed cuz the fitted sheet wasn't on right. I am wondering if it was even changed??? Cuz the bottom sheet was creased up and bunched up like if someone had slept in it already???

I killed a few small German cockroaches! They were in the bathroom and in the bedroom. From what I saw anyway... It totally grossed me out, so I didn't even spend one night there. I didn't want to risk having the bugs hitch a ride back to my house in my bags!

2 star at best! OLD bedding and OLD appliances. I would ever stay here.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Loveculture
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The staff were great. The hotel is within walking distance of all the major attractions and the room was large, very quiet and comfortable - what more can you ask for?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I am currently staying here and am very satisfied with my room for the price ($109/night ). It's clean spacious has a full kitchen and the bed is comfortable. Only problem is very Loud construction on Cooper St Ask for a south facing room!

• Stayed October 2011
London
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I couldn't fault the location. Perfect for walking around the sites, and loads of good bars/restaurants nearby too. The hotel is clean and tidy but badly in need of refurbishment. It looks like it hasn't been decorated since the 70s or 80s. I'd still recommend the hotel purely because of the location.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Ian073
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I was suggested this hotel to stay at for the 2 nights my wife and I were in town for my brothers wedding and what a disappointment!!! Not only are the rooms old and outdated, but they have that mouldy smell you get when you visit a not often used country cottage. The beds are extremely small, queen size is more like a double...but to top it off I found a large ball of human hair on the small table next to the couch upon my arrival, that was certainly not an extra that I was hoping for!!! Look I'm actually in the military and I'm used to being put up in crappy places, but when I'm paying the money and trust me the Cartier Place ain't cheap I want something that's worth what I'm being charged. Oh and I'm currently in my room while I write this and I have spoken to 3 separate hotel staff and no one has given me feedback as to how the hotel is going to deal with this hair situation, so customer service looks good but don't have any issues because then it falls apart!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave B
GeneralManager003, General Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
We are continuing to renovate our suites and sincerely apologize for the condition of the suite upon check-in as our room attendant should not have missed.
Upon receiving the phone call, the front desk agent immediately contacted our Executive Housekeeper who personally supervised the re-cleaning of this suite while the guest was out.
As our guest was passing by the desk we let him know that housekeeping was followed up with immediately.
Our Front Desk Manager spoke directly with the guest and extended a complimentary one night stay with us. Once contacted our guests appreciated our service.