We recently stayed at the Cartier on a one week trip to Ottawa. The rooms do have space and a full kitchen with everything stocked for its use. This is one of those instances where you get what you pay for.
The rooms are a little tired and its not rate as a 4 or 5 star hotel. If you are expecting what you pay for you'll enjoy your stay. The staff are friendly and the location is great. If you are staying here in the heating season it does take a little work to get the temperature right in the rooms.
All in all our next longer term stay in Ottawa we would consider this hotel again.
I would disagree on the street noise level with the review on retiredlibrarian. We were on the 3rd floor and facing the front and we were not interrupted by street noise in the least. You'd have to be a very very light sleeper to be disturbed by any street noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Cartier Place Suite Hotel was honoured with the 2016 Service Excellence Award from major online travel websites. The hotel has also a 3 Green Key eco-rating. Proud to be family owned and operated, the hotel is a short walk to Parliament Hill, the Ottawa Convention Center, the ByWard Market and City Hall. You will find our pet friendly accommodations in a quiet downtown neighborhood, located one block from the historic Rideau Canal and the trendy boutique area of Elgin Street. Always a favorite among families and business travelers alike; the hotel offers 250 spacious one and two bedroom suites, including VIP suites with Jacuzzi, Business Suites and Penthouse Hospitality Suite with a roof top patio and beautiful city views. Each suite features a full kitchen, separate bedrooms, combined living/dining area with a private balcony. Deluxe meeting and banquet facilities feature floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook our gardens. Guests may also enjoy the games room, children's playroom and the only downtown hotel with a private outdoor garden patio complete with playground and shuffleboard court. The indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room and the friendly atmosphere all contribute to a memorable stay. Whatever the reasons for your stay, there's flexibility and a willingness to meet your needs at the Cartier Place Suite Hotel. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, as soon as you step in the door, you will know you are welcome. Suite dreams await you... here." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cartier Place Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cartier Place Hotel Ottawa
- Cartier Place Suite Ottawa
- Hotel Cartier Place Suite