“Great location.. nice room”

Cartier Place Suite Hotel
Ranked #31 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just spent a night here to go to the canal and winterlude.. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful..Got an early checkin of 12.30 so we had the whole afternoon...Nice pool and whirlpool.. although we only stayed a few minutes...Very noisy boys from a hockey team... Took my key to the pool and left it there.. someone was still in the room so not a problem...was gone when I went back..worst part is they have old fashioned keys with your room number on it... not good..I had to pay 20.00$ because I did not have it... bit expensive I think... He also said I rented a movie at 9.30 pm we were still at the restaurant... so not happy about that.. He did take of the charge for the movie... but really 20$ for a key with a metal plate attached..Not sure I will go back because of this..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
CartierPlace, General Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate that you have notified us of your concerns about the key charge and the movie charge. We are pleased to be able to rebate the movie charge and apologize for this charge being applied to your account in error. We are happy you found our staff helpful and friendly and enjoyed the pool. Whenever a key goes missing we replace the lock-set for added security, that is why a missing key charge is applied. Thank you for the feedback regarding the noisy children’s hockey team. We hope that you will return so that you can experience a wonderful stay with us in the future.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

While the facility itself is starting to show its age, it is conveniently located in downtown Ottawa within walking distances of all the major attractions such as the paths along the Rideau Canal and only a 5 minute walk to the Parliament buildings. Benefit to the rooms is that most if not all come with a fully serviced kitchen. (fridge, stove, oven, coffee pot, microwave and all the utensils) Great if you are an economy traveller looking to save on some food costs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our convenient location and our fully equipped suites contributed to your great stay with us. You will be happy to hear that we are undergoing renovations. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Ottawa.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My company has a large number of us staying at this hotel frequently. Some of my coworkers complain about this place, but they are being ridiculous. Yes, the mattress feels likes it's stuffed with concrete and the pillows probably came from Goodwill along with the furniture, but you get a full working kitchen in an awesome location.

I really wished that I could have given this place a 3.5 stars because the beds really are awful and some of the bedrooms don't have TVs in them, but I decided to error on the nicer side. The giant balcony are great. You are close to the canal, Parliament, a mall, the market, and anything in between. I love coming here and wandering until my legs give out on me :-)

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the of the building are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CartierPlace, General Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear guest,

We are happy you liked our location and spacious suites with kitchen. It is unfortunate that you found our high quality posturepedic mattresses too firm. Should you prefer down filled pillows instead of our hypoallergenic ones, they are available upon request for your next stay. You will be happy to hear that soon all our suites will have 2 TV's in each room. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Ottawa.

Thank you.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel is located 2 blocks from the Rideau Canal and Winterlude. It's a great location for walking to these attractions. Staff were friendly. The restaurant in the hotel, Café Mezzaluna, is a hidden treasure. Great Italian food. The room was clean, had a full kitchen and a patio. It was very, nice and quiet. We would definitely stay here again on our next excursion for skating on the Rideau Canal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear that our quiet location close the Historic Rideau Canal, as well as the friendly staff, cleanliness and the delicious Italian cuisine of the Cafe Mezzaluna contributed to a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Ottawa.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour and would have been happy to stay longer. Location is good from the point of view of nearby eating places. Not a large choice of supermarkets nearby that we could find. Walking distance to the centre. Clean and spacious accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aussietriptraveller

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear that the great location, as well as the clean and spacious accommodations contributed to a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Ottawa.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Seriously? Have you ever walked into your hotel suite and said to yourself "I could live here"?

THIS is THAT place!.

From the moment you check-in, to the convenient underground parking, to the high-security of the building, to the AMAZINGLY clean and bright suite that is better than most homes, believe me when I say they did not forget anything, that IS the truth.

Totally outfitted. Excellent rooms: clean washrooms, comfortable furniture, superb linens, wide screen TV, full Fridge, stove, dishwasher! Oh how pleasing it is to have dishes, cutlery, a wine bottle opener, and even including wine glasses, already in the room :)

That said, I was not impressed there's is NO CD player in the room, nor any stereo system, and this is because the cable TV wants you to pay big $$ for some music...not in this day and age.

Back to positives, and believe me this is a POSITIVE hotel. Elevators are upgraded and fast, Hallways are large, well lit, and clean, as are the staircases. (I used the staircase because my brother had a suite on the 5th floor and I was on the 8th)

We also enjoyed our balcony, as it was a window into downtown Ottawa and a lovely focal-point while we both had family visit us in our suites. I would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Ottawa to experience the FULL-Suite ambiance of the Cartier Place Hotel, especially since the rooms run about $119, not much more than any other "regular" hotel room.

Questions? please email me.
Cheers, Paul

Room Tip: Higher the floor, better the view! Front of the hotel to the Parliament, back of the hotel to Ottawa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Paulshappy
CartierPlace, General Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear all your wonderful feedback on our property and we are happy you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Ottawa.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was really pleasantly surprised when I got to my room, it was like a mini apartment. With a full kitchen, and eating area, desk, living room and a completely separate bedroom. I quickly got settled and went to the local grocery store to get breakfast supplies!

This hotel is dated, but clean, well situated and roomy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Natasha416
CartierPlace, General Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your valuable comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again.