We have stayed 3 times at Fairmont Château Laurier. Every time was a pleasant and good experience. The service is always very good and attentive. The only slight disappointment this time was our room. Located on the 6th floor we had a nice view of the parliament buildings. The room was a Deluxe King, spacious and the bed divinely comfortable as always in Fairmont Hotels. However the bathroom was in sad need of renovations: peeling wallpaper, rusty door hinges, cracked ceramic tiles, and the shower curtain was stained. The bathroom was relatively clean on the surface but by paying closer attention it was not up to standards for a Fairmont Hotel.
Breakfast at Wilfrid's was excellent. If you have never stayed at one of the original hotels built by the Canadian National Railway in the early 20th century, it is really worth the experience. My favourites are: Château Frontenac in Quebec City, QC and The Empress Hotel in Victoria, B.C.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont