I must state that I have not stayed here overnight, but walk past it everyday for work and have always wanted to try their famed Sunday Brunch! I finally had the opportunity to go to, and was not disappointed despite the expensive price ($48 after tax). They have a selection of charcuterie, cheeses, fruits, desserts, cold salads and various types of eggs. They had a delicious maple crepe, and lacklustre waffles (grainy, not very fluffy as I've had elsewhere). Dress smartly, people enjoy wearing their Sunday best. Alcohol (e.g. mimosas) is extra, obviously.
However, I must say that for the price one would think they would have more varied food options. That is me comparing this brunch to other brunch spots that I have been to in Toronto. Again though, the selection offered was tasty, and very well presented.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont