“Simple, comfortable hotel downtown”

Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times in the past. It has not changed much, except for the beds.
That is the best feature. Extremely comfortable, duvet clad, soft, luxurious beds. Otherwise, quite spartan. No minibar. Simple bathroom with very few amenities: 2 bars of cheap soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. In the “old” days they used to offer a sewing kit, mouth wash, shower cap etc. No more. Nevertheless, it is a clean, comfortable hotel close to all downtown attractions. And it is reasonably priced during offseason. I also liked the buffet breakfast for $18.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A3481AQrobertk

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Ottawa during a business trip. The room was cozy and the bed was amazing! I had the best sleep! Would recommend to anyone staying in Ottawa as the location was excellent (downtown) and the service was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank czechlette
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello Czechlette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. I am happy to hear how comfortable you were during your stay and that you loved our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The rooms were nicely appointed and always clean. The facility itself is conveniently situated and close to downtown amenities.

The staff are always on top of every detail, especially Tony, Banquets Captain. He is there to make my life easier and as an event planner, it is important that timelines are kept and issues are rectified immediately. I can safely say that indeed this is the case with the Sheraton Ottawa.

I highly recommend this facility for business related meetings.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Ottawa. It is such a delight hearing such wonderful comments about Tony, our Banquet Captain Superstar, and his entire team. They truly go above and beyond to ensure all of our guests are well taken care of during their events. We truly appreciate the great feedback.

We look forward to hosting another meeting for you very soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms are old and tired especially the bathroom. No minibar and fridge in the room. Bar lounge of the hotel is not attractive, they could create a much better atmosphere. Good point is the location, right in the middle of the key attractions an the breakfast buffet.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thomas136Vietnam

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We have been working on improving our product over the past couple of years which began with the complete renovation of our Sheraton Club Lounge and Sheraton Fitness Centre. This past summer, we refurbished all of our guestrooms, which included new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattresses, carpeting and fixtures. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our property, as this helps us understand what our guests value most. On a positive note, I am happy to hear that our central location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so that you can experience all of the improvements we have been making and will continue to make.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Like most reviews, this is a great location for business meetings and conferences. We were there for a wedding that wasn't nearby, but we wanted to stay close to the heart of the city. We were able to walk to Byward Market, Parliament Hill, the restaurants/bars on Elgin Street, and the canal within 10 minutes.

Since we drove from Toronto, we had to pay for parking, which was the downer of the stay since parking was $25 all day. The plus was that there was in/out privileges and it was valet that was very prompt and quick.

The hotel service was great, with the front desk being very efficient and helpful. Our rooms were clean, and we appreciated the bottled water they provided. I found the blanket sheet to have a slightly uncomfortable texture, but otherwise, the bedsheets and pillows were great. To me, cleanliness is the most important item, and I felt the room was clean in every aspect. So it made this a great stay.

There was some noise we heard in our room from the hallway outside, so just be aware of noises beyond your room. However, it didn't affect us too much since it was fairly quiet outside despite the rooms being occupied.

We found the hotel through the Sheraton website, and managed to score a good rate (comparable to the prices of other local hotels) with two weeks to go. So check to see if there are special offers when booking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollyholz

Hello Hollyholz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt very comfortable. It's great that our central location was perfect for you during your stay. I will certainly share your wonderful comments with the entire team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed here several times for business meetings. The board rooms are comfortable and have everything that is needed. Tony (I think he was the Events Manager) was at our beck and call. He checked in several times a day to make sure we had everything we needed, and if we didn't he would find it and deliver it himself. His service was exceptional. The food was good and catered to anyone that had special dietary needs.
I do find that this hotel is looking a bit run-down...I had large sections of paint peeling off of the wall where the curtains were, so pieces would fall when closing them. The beds are VERY comfortable. My only real complaint was that there was no TV guide that detailed what was on at the time. The changing of the channels was quite challenging as well and this was discussed among my colleagues funny enough.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for business or conferences. They run everything very well and all staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Albert street are noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Jetsgurl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments and feedback. I'm delighted to hear that your conference went well, and that Tony and his entire team took great care of your group. I will also be sure to give your compliments to the Chef and his team for the great food. I'm sorry that you experienced some difficulties with your TV during your visit. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we will work on improving any issues. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed on a Trafalgar coach tour so once again it was one night stay in saying that we enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The room was large and spacious, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom up to standard apart from no shower cap for my better half. The buffet breakfast was excellent and plentiful with friendly staff. The hotel is close to all major attractions including the parliament and The Rideau canal. There's was free Wi Fi in the lobby.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello Wilko87,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It's great to hear that your visit was short, but sweet! I'm happy you enjoyed our wonderful Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and our amazing buffet breakfast. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your tour.