“Good location and decent rooms”

Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed one night for a business trip. The room was ready on time, the reception staff were great and the gym was perfect for my needs.

Spent the late evening in the bar and the bar tender was fantastic!

Thanks for a great evening

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay F
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Good Day Jay,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your experience with us while on business.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Ottawa Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very well appointed rooms and a most comfortable bed! We stayed for three nights and can say that we were very happy with the serve we received. I suffered a fall while we were there and the lovely doorman helped me back to my room and insisted I carry an ice pack (which he provided!!!) for the journey to the wedding we were attending. Most thoughtful!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shamilita,

Thank you for your feedback provided last month in response to your hotel stay with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our well appointed rooms and comfortable bed, and that our associate responded to your first aid needs professionally.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night at this hotel. From the very beginning, the service was outstanding.
The valet quickly took our car upon confirming that we were staying at the hotel. Checking in was a breeze!
Our room was spacious with wall to wall windows, great bed, FREE internet (drives me crazy when you have to pay!)
We decided to do a foot tour around the city even though it was raining, but having forgotten our umbrellas in the car, we were on the way to see the valet, when Jessica, the staff who had checked us in, commented, "come with me, I will get you some" How great is that!
On checkout, Jenn Scott was the staff that took care of us. Again, friendly, accommodating and a pleasure to deal with.
Management please note: staffing is so important to someone staying over. Whoever is doing your training....keep it up! Great staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our employee’s level of service.

All of the added comments on how we delivered the outstanding service helps us learn how to continue to impress our guest expectations. Little things like complimentary internet, the speed with valet services, our check-in and check-out, along with the umbrella all help create a great experience.

Thank you for recognizing specific associates. These comments will be shared amongst the team.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Nation's Capital.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'm a big fan of the Sheraton hotels because their pillows are so comfortable - it's one of the only hotels I can ever get a good sleep in.
The room was beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful! We really enjoyed our stay.

I chose the club floor because they advertised cozy bathrobes and a "club lounge" that served appetizers. My only gripe was that we specified that there were 2 adults and they only provided us with 1 robe. Also the "lounge" happened to be closed on the weekend we went. They still offered us appetizers but on the main floor amongst everyone on the computers, and so we didn't bother.

Room Tip: Even though we didn't get all the perks I still would recommend paying the extra money for the c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kayla,

Thank you for providing some feedback on your hotel stay. We are grateful that the staff was extremely helpful.

We apologize that we had our Sheraton Club Lounge closed during your visit. This would have been a onetime circumstance as we are open 7 day week. With this feedback, we will consider other alternatives should we encounter this situation again. In the future, feel free to connect with one of our associates to see if an alternative could have been offered.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Club Floor experience in Ottawa was amazing.

They had a selection of sodas, water and juices, along with granola bars you could take to your room anytime during the day. There was no need to buy supper as the nightly Hors d'oeuvre were quite filling. Breakfast had a wide option of fruits, bagels, toast, cereals and daily items like oatmeal and eggs. Not a complete hotel buffet breakfast, but good enough.

The views from the hotel are minimal and you do have to ask for a fridge before you stay, but those were the only issues I had. WIFI was free and I had no issues while surfing on my iPad. I'd strongly recommend this hotel and I plan on coming back next year for Bluesfest.

Room Tip: Club room is the way to go.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

We are delighted that your "Club Floor experience in Ottawa was amazing". We truly focus on delivering the highest quality of selections for this upgrade value.

We look forward to seeing you again for Bluesfest 2015.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here with my wife on Canada Day long weekend as we were preparing to move out of Ottawa. It was not my first time staying here but once again I received terrific service with a clean and spacious room.

The location is fantastic for Canada Day as you are steps away from Parliament Hill as well as Sparks Street. Valet parking for vehicles is provided underground for a charge too.

Overall an excellent hotel and one I intend to continue staying at during visits to Ottawa to see friends in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Repeat Customer,

Thank for selecting our hotel for your Canada Day Long weekend as you prepared for your move to your new home.

We are happy that the service level was as per usual expectations and that we will have the opportunity to host you on your next "visit" back home.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We loved this hotel! It is close to everything, pet friendly, clean and the staff are AMAZING. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Be prepared to pay a lot for parking but most people expect that downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Missy M

Good Day Missy M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and comments. We are honored that you loved our hotel and that staff are AMAZING by going out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.