“Staff are awesome. Perfect location and good food!”

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Ontario
“Staff are awesome. Perfect location and good food!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

So here's my review... Over two years now I stay here every 3 weeks for two nights and it's always a wonderful experience.

I have stayed at many other hotels in Ottawa and nothing compares to the Radisson.

The location is ideal for anything downtown Ottawa. Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Sleep number beds are super comfortable.

The restaurant there is good, Mexican style and always adding new items to try. Vegetarian options that you'd want to make at home. The salsa is best.

I would like to note that the main reason why its hotel is so fabulous is based on their staff in the hotel and restaurant. All of the staff - everyone.

Upul at the front desk is always so helpful and polite. Thank you Upul for making every stay special!

Robyn

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ginaa_g
Maurice_Abel_GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Robyn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! We are thrilled to have you as one of our regular guests and happy to see that you enjoy our sleep number beds and the Southern Cross restaurant! Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and especially Upul. We look forward to see you again soon!

Maurice Abel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lancaster, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel was well located close to War museum for business event. Nice clean rooms, very comfortable and would recommend it to friends. Some construction going on nearby by but easy enough to get around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lynneandandre
Maurice_Abel_GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear lynneandandre

Thank you so much for your thought, we really appreciate your kind words. The construction that was going on in November has finished and our hotel has a renewed lobby and renovated rooms! You will like the hotel even better! We look forward to welcome you back again soon and showcase our renewed hotel! Thank you again!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went on the recommendation by Expedia I stayed here around Jan 2014 time for 2 weeks and used the hotel and facilities quite a lot. I was expecting the hotel to be the same as some of the Radisson's I have stayed at in the UK, but alas it was totally different. Service is excellent and the staff are always willing to accommodate you and room service is polite and very helpful. The rooms are out-dated and the air beds are faulty and mine broke on 2 or 3 occasions eventually I was moved to a suite and that was a lot better. Overall the entire hotel desperately needs a complete makeover (inside and out) from what I understand the lobby went through a recent change and then was flooded so construction was still on going when I arrived. But my biggest issue with the hotel is the facilities especially the gym which is awful the equipment is old and rusty there were a couple of weights lying on the floor and they were all mis-matched and a couple of running machines it is bad for a hotel in the capital city area there is no swimming pool, sauna or spa. I found restaurant in the lobby pricey for what it is including the drinks it would have been better to stop at a boutique hotel for similar money. Would I stop here again the answer is no definitely no until the hotel is brought up to date into a more modern state.

Room Tip: Book this hotel if you are on a budget or do not want gym or spa facilities or book a boutique hotel...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear JPK007

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to inform you that a lot has changed since January! Our outside renovations are done and the landscaping will be finished in June, the lobby looks gorgeous with all new furniture and art! We are also thrilled to get some new equipment in our fitness room, recumbent bike and new weight stand with weights and to top it off a nice piece of art work in the fitness room! I am sorry that you were disappointed in our product but next time you are in Ottawa give us another chance and enjoy our new facilities! Let me know when you are in town and I will arrange something special for you!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

everything is clean and tidy. The bathrooms are very fancy and nice. no disc player to the tv though. the ac's work great and the beds are cozy. pretty good experience EXCEPT THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE! other then the food, everything was good. Maids were quick.

Room Tip: Do not go to room 214 because thats were i was and my view was blocked by the hotel sign.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Maurice_Abel_GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Henrito P

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the renewed Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill! I am glad to see that the comfy beds gave you a good night sleep! I was disappointed to read that you did not like the food, when you have a minute please send me some more details, my email is maurice.abel@radisson.com. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcome you back again soon!

ontario
Reviewed 23 May 2014

recently refurbished, close to parliament hill but in a quiet area near the garden of the provinces and territories. rooms were an adequate size, clean, nice toiletries and the mini-fridge was a surprise bonus. staff were friendly and late check-out was easy to arrange but slightly problematic...we had check-out for 1:00 pm and we were surprised to have housekeeping knocking on the door at 1 right on...told her we needed a couple more minutes but she knocked again within two minutes, and by 1:05 we got a call from the manager! never had this happen before, usually you get a few minutes grace...

Room Tip: ask for upper floor facing queen st for view of the river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Maurice_Abel_GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear bocagrande

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed our renewed property and that we were able to extend your check out to 1pm. I do apologize that they were knockingon your door, a few minutes grace goes a long way! Please rest assured I have adressed this with my team! We look forward to welcome you back again soon! Warm regards, Maurice
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room quality was nice but the room service was to greedy. One night after the tour me and my friends got back to our room only to find the door stuck open with my friends shoe. When we went into the room our luggage looked like it had been searched. Also most of our snacks were eaten... And on top of that one of my friends luggage was thrown on the floor and was ransacked inside... Another one of my friends even tells me that something of his was missing that he had much value for...

The breakfast was vary Cold and soggy. You could not even chose what you ate, you had to eat what they gave you... The only thing that I liked form breakfast was the toast and that gave me food poisoning... :/

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Creepercrasher13
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff and the issues you encountered with breakfast. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Travellers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Ottawa
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at one of the Executive Suites on the 10th floor for work and it was just right. Got a corner suite with a King bed, couch and two armchairs and about six windows for plenty of light while having breakfast - which I ordered in. Staff were all great and the room included a mini-fridge and microwave oven...with a Quickie store around the corner to pick up my own stuff if I wanted. The alarm clock supported my iPad Air as a docking station and the Internet access was great (and free).

Overall, very satisfied and plan on coming back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Maurice_Abel_GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Ted M

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable and large corner suite and the convenient location of our hotel. We look forward to welcome you back again soon!

Maurice Abel, General Manager