“This Hotel needs a lot of work” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Ottawa East

Travelodge Ottawa East
Ranked #51 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Brampton, Canada
“This Hotel needs a lot of work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel needs a lot of work, The rooms are run down and need to be cleaned carpets in the rooms are in bad shape look like haven't been steamed clean in years. they have spent $$ on redoing the pool. that was 3 years getting that done. But have not spent any money the rooms or the parking lot for large buses or trucks. when it rains this lot is a MUD HOLE. The owner's have been told this for years and they just don't care.

Room Tip: stay some where else, you well sleep better
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Candace S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Ottawa East, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear 161Wayne,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I am truly disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your stay. In the future, if you are not satisfied with your room please bring it to our attention immediately, we will do everything we can to rectify the problem as soon as possible. You are correct in noting we have recently reopened our indoor, heated pool which was closed one year for renovations and we are getting great reviews, I hope you had a chance to enjoy it! We are also constantly making improvements/updates to rest of our property as well. We are very much aware of our guest concerns in terms of our complimentary, oversized parking lot for trucks/buses. We do our best to keep it in good condition and are currently looking into what the best solution would be to maintain the integrity of that very busy parking area for our guests. I appreciate and value your input and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to WOW you!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Québec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Travelodge East and we really enjoyed our stay! The staff at the reception was very helpful and friendly. Our room was really clean and quite comfortable. The hotel in general was very quiet and offered us free parking and WiFi.

This hotel is great for the price if you travel by car since it is not located near the main attractions but has great access to the major highways. There are also many restaurants and stores near the hotel.

I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank danaevc
Dear danaevc,

Wow, you said it all in your review! Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with the Trip Advisor community! I always love to hear when a guest truly enjoys every aspect of their stay… location, service rooms, amenities! I hope you had a chance to try out or newly renovated indoor pool! If not, you will have to come back and see us again!

Niagara Falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Other than the insane amount of construction in the city, our stay in Ottawa was amazing. Very impressed with the hotel...clean, quiet and everyone we had contact with we're more than helpful and always gave us service with a smile! Well done!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Bernice R
Dear Bernice R,

Thank you so much Bernice for the awesome review! We always strive to offer the best possible customer service and I am very pleased to hear that is exactly what you received. I am glad you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms, and I definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have never written a review for a hotel before, but these guys deserve it. I was a bit worried when I got there, the room was so warm, the first night I had trouble falling asleep since it was so warm (It was in the 80's out) so I called the desk to tell them the room was too warm and they replaced the AC unit for me (it worked but was not blowing cold enough in my opinion), that kind of service blew me away. The room had to be at the top of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in at non budget locations, I could not even find a spec of dust in the filter of the old air conditioner. The room has everything you need, Microwave, Fridge, Coffee, hair drier, iron, ironing board, LCD TV, desk, comfy arm chair, etc. I see a lot of people complaining about the size of the rooms and I do not see the validity. I am 6'6 and thought the room size was fine, maybe people want to do gymnastics or something in their rooms, I can not understand it being too small unless they got a different room type. I don't see how you could do better for the price, and if you are there on business it seems like a good location (I was 2 Km from the business I was working with in the industrial area). The restaurant on the property has great food and a great atmosphere, and breakfast was amazing! I did think it was a bit pricy, but it was worth it. I have no idea how they make their home fries but they were soooooooo good!. The staff is great and the front desk is so polite and accommodating, I was impressed all around with this property and will be staying there again for my next trip. I also wanted to add that I am a smoker and got a smoker room, it smelled nice actually when I went in for the first time, no hint of that stale cigarette smell you get with most smoking rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dennis968
Candace S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Ottawa East, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Dennis968,

WOW – thank you very much for the amazing review! Always good to hear our teams hard work pays off! I love that our service, rooms and amenities met and exceeded your expectations! We would be pleased to welcome you back anytime to your “home away from home.” Thanks again!