The first room i was given was supposed to be non-smoking, but when i entered, all i could smell was nasty stale smoke. the owner was nice and gave me another room without too much hassle. The rooms were dated, but about what you would expect for the $. The walls however are very thin, we could hear everything in the rooms next to us and above us which was disturbing. I didn't have the breakfast included with the room, instead I opted for the tim hortons which is right next door.
I would try the Days Inn next time if i was in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of evergreens, pines and tranquil gardens, The Monterey has breathtaking views of the Rideau River. Known for its resort-style lodging and amenities, it is ideally suited for vacationers and traveling executives. Guests can enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast on-site at The Pine restaurant. Located in a charming stone building, The Pine offers an extensive wine selection, with a summer patio and various meeting rooms. The Monterey Hotel remains one of Ottawa’s most affordable destinations, regardless of its superior service and priceless scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Inn Resort And Conference Centre
- Monterey Inn Resort & Conference Centre Hotel Ottawa
- Monterey Hotel Ottawa