The outside of the hotel looked promising as we arrived, but the lobby was our first sign that there is a real need for updating and renovation. Photos show great well appointed rooms. Our rooms were not anything like the photos at all. Loud poor functioning air conditioner, sagging beds, and old and tired flooring, walls, and furniture. The hotel is relatively close to the airport but there are nicer hotels closer to the airport. At the moment, this hotel is a real budget hotel, but I am not sure the savings are worth it. If you do stay, ask for an updated room. Otherwise, I would stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of evergreens, pines and tranquil gardens, The Monterey has breathtaking views of the Rideau River. Known for its resort-style lodging and amenities, it is ideally suited for vacationers and traveling executives. Guests can enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast on-site at The Pine restaurant. Located in a charming stone building, The Pine offers an extensive wine selection, with a summer patio and various meeting rooms. The Monterey Hotel remains one of Ottawa’s most affordable destinations, regardless of its superior service and priceless scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Inn Resort & Conference Centre Hotel Ottawa
- Monterey Inn Resort And Conference Centre
- Monterey Hotel Ottawa