This was the only hotel we could book at the end of May and, for us was too far out of Ottawa where family and business required us. The Monterey is located on the far side of Ottawa airport.
The resto was still closed, although the website said it had reopened. This meant driving somewhere and there were very few nearby that were of interest to us. But Tim Hortons was across the parking lot.
Our room was newly renovated and looked out onto the river. Large and comfortable. The bed and bathroom were nice, but not exceptional. Service was okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of evergreens, pines and tranquil gardens, The Monterey has breathtaking views of the Rideau River. Known for its resort-style lodging and amenities, it is ideally suited for vacationers and traveling executives. Guests can enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast on-site at The Pine restaurant. Located in a charming stone building, The Pine offers an extensive wine selection, with a summer patio and various meeting rooms. The Monterey Hotel remains one of Ottawa’s most affordable destinations, regardless of its superior service and priceless scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Inn Resort & Conference Centre Hotel Ottawa
- Monterey Inn Resort And Conference Centre
- Monterey Hotel Ottawa