This is an old hotel in need of updating. We stayed in a 2 queen bed room on the 12th floor. The beds were ok, the room was spacious and the bathroom was average. We didn't have problems with counter space in the bathrooms as others have suggested, the vanity around the sink was certainly big enough for 2 adults and 2 children. The hotel only has 2 elevators, which meant sometimes we had to wait a bit to get up to our room or down to the lobby. The soundproofing is non existent, we heard other people, the elevators and pretty much everything outside our room easily.
All this being said, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Honey made great suggestions for local restaurants that were child friendly, and quickly solved our problems with access keys timing out before our stay was over. The location is fantastic, we were in town for Ottawa race weekend and it was a 5 min walk from the hotel to the starting line. Parliament, the Rideau Centre and Byward market are all less than 10 mins away by foot with young children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally owned and operated we are a 3 1/2 star hotel, with 5 star friendliness. Located in the heart of the Nation's Capital, we are a smoke free property with 152 guest rooms and 10 meeting rooms. We are situated in the midst of the city's business and tourist district; only two blocks from Parliament Hill. The only way you'll get closer to the hill, is if you get elected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Capital Hill Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Hill Hotel Ottawa
- Capital Hill Hotel And Suites
- Capital Hill Ottawa