“Great experience”

Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had the pleasure staying at Les Suites in a 2 bedroom suite. Our suite was extremely spacious and clean. Check in was friendly, effortless and efficient. Les Suites is in a great location, and right where we needed to be, walking distance to the the heart of Ottawa, the Byward Market. Overall experience was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent evaluation – thank you! I’m pleased you enjoyed our spacious and clean suites, friendly Team Members and our awesome location. Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and I do look forward to hosting you again in future!

Chris Pierce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Les Suites is showing its age... worn around the edges since I last stayed here in 2004. My room was comfy with the kitchen as an added bonus, but even though I was 10 floors up, the road noise from the very busy street (Nicholas?) was constant. It snowed as well and the plows and service trucks that ran constantly up and down the street all night were a real pain. I wore earplugs to sleep but could still feel the truck vibrations and hear the noise in the bed.. wow! Maybe the hotel should invest in better quality windows ? The other challenge was parking... the spaces in their multi level garage are really really tight.. don't try parking there if you are not a confident driver. Also, when I was staying there the hotel ran out of parking access cards, so I had to push the button and wait for them to open the door every time. A little annoying. Location is good, near the market and Parliament Hill. Lobby needs new carpet and hotel needs new public furniture, as what is there looks worn. To top it all off, on the 2nd night of my stay they had a fire alarm due to a burst pipe/flood? and they locked all the elevators down so everyone had to walk up or down the stairs to the parking... but I should credit the hotel manager on site as he handled this profesionally and courteously, in spite of having dozens of irritated guests from the alarm. I should add when I checked in, the front clerk couldn't find my travelocity reservation.. it took him 15 minutes and assistance from another clerk to find it finally.
I would probably stay at the Chateau Laurier instead next time.

Room Tip: try to choose a room not facing any of the major streets
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your February stay with us noting our comfortable and spacious suites! Because we are located in the heart of downtown, there will be noise emanating from the street and during winter there will be snowplows. For future reservations, please do call our Reservations Team and request a courtyard view suite to minimize any type of noise intrusion. Thank you also for your compliments on how our Manager on Duty handled the fire alarm. Once the alarm goes off, the system automatically recalls all elevators to the lobby. As you may not be aware, the parking garage next to the hotel is not owned by Les Suites. During your stay, the card reader was out of service for a short period of time and I do apologize that our guests had to call upon on our Team to enter the garage. Should you not wish to park in this garage in future, our Front Desk Agents can refer you to other nearby parking facilities. Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to host you again in future.

Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here one night, April 5th. The hotel itself is very nice, our suite was spotless, and perfect size for three adults. There is a breakfast diner attached to the hotel but we didn't try. Location is ideal and walking distance to the Byward Market, Parliament Hill, Rideau Centre, groceries, LCBO etc., as well as easy to get too and from the 417. The pull out sofa, as my step son said, its a pull out sofa and when it comes to a comfortable sleep, well enuf said.
Only downfall, and this I do not fault the hotel for, is the overrun of older teens/early 20 yrs old that seem to be there for some sort of conference. They were rude, obnoxious, drunk and disorderly. They completely took over this hotel like it was their personal party venue. We did see management try and get order but we think they should have called the police as I have never seen anything like this. We were only able twice to get an elevator and when we were in one they crammed as many of them into it with us and overcrowded it. I was actually concerned for the safety of the elevator as they were also chanting and jumping up and down in them. We ended up several times, after waiting up to 10 minutes, just taking the stairs up and down 15 flights because we could not get the elevator. Fortunately we were fit to do this otherwise we'd still be waiting.
Other than that we were very impressed with the hotel itself, I guess we just picked a bad weekend to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5/5 rating regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments about our spotlessly clean and spacious suites and our excellent location. On behalf of the entire Team, we apologize for the noise issues you encountered. Unfortunately, the behaviour of a University delegation we hosted was not what was expected and extra security had to be called in. Please do contact me directly for future reservations and I will ensure you have an excellent hospitality experience. I can be reached toll-free at 1-800-267-1989.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My son got accepted at Carleton University so we decided to come visit. Stayed at Les Suites for 2 nights. Room was spacious and clean for the five of us. Could use a TV in the master bedroom. Centrally located near Byward Market and its excellent restaurants. Parking entrance and exit is a bit chaotic. Elevators were slow. WiFi service confusing. Overall would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank racecarfanatic
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your son’s acceptance to Carleton University and I’m pleased you will use the hotel as your home base when visiting him in future! Our spacious suites include a fully equipped kitchen in which you can easily make home-cooked meals for him when you are next in Ottawa. I’m certain he will greatly appreciate it! The majority of our two-bedroom suite configurations do have televisions in the master bedrooms. Please do contact our Reservations Team prior to your next arrival as they would be pleased to note this request on your reservation. During future stays, please do let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable (i.e. WIFI instructions, use of garage, etc.) – we are always at your service! Once again, thank you for your excellent review, your continued patronage and I do look forward to hosting you again on future trips to Ottawa!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We just got back from a three night stay at Les Suites hotel. We were in a 2 bedroom Premiere suite room 903. The room was at the end of the hall, very quiet and peaceful. We stayed during the March Break from March 11-14.

Check in was smooth. We had 4 kids with us and each kid was given a little welcome bag with a little stuffed animal in it and a colouring contest page with some crayons. We arrived in the room and everything was in good order. The front desk called right away to see if everything was ok. We were staying with 6 of us so the dinning room only had 4 chairs. It is a round table so we asked if could have 2 more chairs so we could all sit around the table for meals. They brought them right up, no problem.

The room was very spacious and worked out very well for our group. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. Gave us lots of space for all of our stuff. Kitchen had everything we needed and plates and cutlery for 6. Being able to make a few meals in our room was a big plus and having the full size fridge was great when staying with kids so we could have some snacks handy.

The pool was fine. A little crowded at times but the kids enjoyed it. Hot tub was nice for me.

The location of this hotel as got to be the best. So close to everything. Too bad the canal was closed for skating, it closed the day before we got there. There is an outdoor rink in front of city hall which is within walking distance. Byward market is also very close. Dollar store and a Metro grocery store are also very close. So if you forget something it is very easy to go and get it.

The parking is the only little problem we had. They have a few spots on the lower level for larger vans and trucks but these spots were full most of the time. The rest of the spots are very small and difficult to park in with a van.

Overall I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank momto3kidsToronto
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an extensive review regarding you and your family’s stay during the March Break – I really appreciate it! Our two-bedroom suites, with separate living and sleeping areas, comfortably accommodate up to 6 people. These suites are fully equipped with five appliances and I’m pleased you enjoyed being able to make meals and snacks for your children. Being located within walking distances to the majority of Ottawa’s attractions, shopping and restaurants, makes the hotel ideal for those who want to take in the sights – there is something for everyone! I do appreciate your comments regarding the parking garage next to us. As you may not be aware, this garage is not owned by the hotel. In future, should there not be adequate spots for your van, our Front Desk Agents can direct you to other nearby parking facilities. Once again, thank you for your fabulous review and I do look forward to hosting you and your family again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I wanted to do something special this past Valentine's Day so we booked a suite at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa. It was the perfect getaway. The rooms were clean and inviting, the staff friendly and helpful! Perfectly situated in the heart of Ottawa, you're minutes away from wonderful restaurants, shops and night life. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your romantic stay-cation with us in the heart of downtown and thank you for commenting on our friendly and helpful Team Members! We are a five minute walk to the Rideau Centre (shopping) and the historic Byward Market (museums, cafés, specialty food shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants, pubs, hair & aesthetics salons, etc.). Our location offers something for everyone and I look forward to hosting you again on your next stay in downtown Ottawa!

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I have just returned to the UK after an extended stay in Ottawa. The Les Suites was a perfect choice for my accommodation. Centrally located near the Byward Market, the apartments were cosy and comfortable and the staff were excellent. I will hopefully be returning to Canada next winter and will definitely choose the Les Suites again

Stayed February 2014
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your extended stay with us, especially noting our excellent Team Members! Between our central location and our spacious and well-equipped suites, the hotel is perfect for long-term stays. I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canada’s Capital!