“Great stay for Winterlude”

Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown
Ranked #18 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Waterloo
“Great stay for Winterlude”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights during Winterlude. It was conveniently located near Confederation Park to view the ice sculptures, as well as close to the canal to go for a skate. The furniture is starting to show its wear, but the room was spacious enough that we were not tripping over each other. Having 2 TVs was a great benefit, especially since it was Superbowl weekend. The gym was nicely laid out, with personal tvs on the treadmills and ellipticals. The breakfast was decent - food was average - and it was very busy. The location was quiet and we did not hear other hotel guests around us. The only real complaints were the lack of storage in the bathroom - there is nowhere to put washkits for 4 people, and on Sunday night when my daughter went in the hottub, the temperature was so hot that she felt like she got burned. She couldn't stay in it, and came back to the room with red skin. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear wloo11,
I hope you had a great weekend at Winterlude! We are very lucky to be in a great location for such a fun and entertaining time in Ottawa. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we do hope to see you again in the future! We are constantly looking for ways to improve the hotel, and your comments go a long way in helping us to decide where our next improvements will be made. We have checked the hot tub, and everything is in working order and within safe operational temperatures.

If you are looking to book again for the future, please feel welcomed to contact me directly at 613-231-2020 or douglas.crosbie@marriott.com.

Kind Regards,
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eilat, Israel
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hotel is located in center of town walking distance to major sites.
Offers a basic breakfast complimentary, all buffet, with decent variety.
Lacks character as it is in commercial building.
Rooms are basic, but spacious. Kitchen well outfitted. Two TV's. Dining table. All things that are useful for family trip.
Staff very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Ben H,

Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa Downtown for your recent stay in our nation’s capital!

Our hotel does cater well to families and long term stays because of our full kitchens and large, spacious suites. Just as you mentioned, we provide a full hot and cold buffet breakfast with different selections each day to help you get a great start to your day! Our location is very hard to beat, being close to both the business and social downtown areas of Ottawa. Coming up to Winterlude, we are also only a 10 minute walk to the Rideau Canal!

If you wanted to speak to me directly about anything from your stay, I would be happy to hear from you. I can be reached at 613-231-2020 or douglas.crosbie@marriott.com

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Over the top service!

The service levels at this property are that of a Four Seasons.

The property is well positioned in downtown and easy to get in and out of. Finishing is basic throughout and rooms are basic and clean.

The hallways are 100% 70s disco. I was expecting to see John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John dancing and making out at every turn.

But the service is remarkable. At all times, the team was focused on surprising with interest to assist. I had a suit pressed and delivered in no time flat and the process was exemplary.

Good property, great service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tenmile1
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear tenmile1,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our service! We work very hard to ensure that we have some of the top levels of service in the city, and our staff are always ready to assist at a moments notice! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

If you ever need any assistance with an upcoming stay in Ottawa, please feel welcome to contact me directly at 613-231-2020 or douglas.crosbie@marriott.com

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had a quick trip to Ottawa and stayed at this hotel with my husband and two grown children. The location was excellent, within walking distance to the city centre attractions. The room was large and clean with a small kitchen. The staff were extremely helpful, professional and friendly. The breakfast was excellent - and we were particularly impressed with the waffle maker! This hotel would be excellent for long stays as it is in a convenient location, has parking facilities, a kitchen if you want to make your own meals and also a laundry.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SheridanRR
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear SheridanRR,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in downtown Ottawa. All of the feedback you have provided are things we work hard at (cleaning, service and amenities) to make your stay more enjoyable. Our location is excellent for a business or leisure trip to the city, and we are very lucky to be so close to many of Ottawa’s great attractions!

If you need anything, please feel free to contact me directly. I can be reached at 613-231-2020 or douglas.crosbie@marriott.com. I would be more than happy to help for anything you need regarding a trip to Ottawa!

Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

room was fine
staff courteous and helpful and friendly
breakfast not bad with good variety
gym well equipped
location good
don,t bother with room service food offered by adjoining restaurant
was not good at all

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy R
Dear Kathy R,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions with the TripAdvisor community! I appreciate the kind words, and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I am disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the room service provided by the restaurant nearby, I will be sure to contact them and let them know about your review. Otherwise, I am happy our location, staff and breakfast all attributed to an enjoyable stay.

Please feel welcomed to contact me directly if you have any further concerns, or would like information for an upcoming visit to Ottawa.

douglas.crosbie@marriott.com
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I generally like this Residence Inn. It is well located, the rooms are great and while the breakfast can be a little crowded it is well stocked. The hotel basically has no lobby and can be a little bit hard to find and shares a pool with the Indigo which is in the same building this area can get really crowded.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear NLtrout,

Thank you for the feedback and for sharing your opinion to fellow travelers. We feel that our hotel is an excellent location for a home base when visiting Ottawa for business or pleasure. We do our best to help everyone with understanding the arrival process, and you are correct, it can be confusing. We try to ensure we have staff available on the first floor as much as possible to ease any arrival stress.

Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn in downtown Ottawa! Please feel free to contact me for upcoming reservation assistance!

Douglas.crosbie@marriott.com
Buffalo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here in May 2013. A little awkward of an entrance and check in area where you have to go to second floor, but otherwise very impressed by the size and layout of this hotel. Breakfast was great. Manager went out of way to actually get our room done earlier when our flight arrived much earlier than expected. We were very impressed and I am usually one to find the bad in hotels..this one really impressed me. Very spacious, clean, great large breakfast buffet choices, useful staff, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Fiddlerbediddler,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We work hard to provide top level service at the hotel, and I know all the staff will do anything they can to make an enjoyable visit for our guests.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to have you visit again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly for reservations or area information.

douglas.crosbie@marriott.com