“Great Stay, Everytime!”

Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“Great Stay, Everytime!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a great hotel,
Every time me and my family come to Ottawa we stay at the Hampton inn. Not only is it the lovely staff and service that keeps us coming back its the way they make you feel at home, just like any hotel should. The rooms are clean, and the complimentary breakfast is always a bonus! I must say I will continue returning to this hotel every time I stay in Ottawa!
Special thanks to Rosie at the front desk and Anwar for making us feel so welcomed this on our most recent trip.

Room Tip: 5th Floor, ask for 540's
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Victoria S
Valentina G, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Ottawa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Victoria S,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Ottawa! We are very glad to hear you have always had enjoyable stays here - we will continue to provide the best service possible!

Rosie and Anwar are amongst our top employees and they will be both delighted to hear you were so happy with all your stays!

Thank you again for being a loyal Hamptonite!

Hampton Inn Ottawa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Brampton
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Decided to try a new hotel on our annual visit to Ottawa and we were all pleased with everything. The location was close to everything we wanted to see (by car) and service was amazing - staff was very friendly. Rooms were a great size. The free hot breakfast was different everyday (we stayed 3 nights) and was great for us and the kids.

The decor could use an upgrade but is in fine repair. The lobby looks great though.

Elevators were hard to come by with a fully booked weekend (not long weekend). Toilets were low to the ground and had poor flushing power.

Stayed August 2014
Valentina G, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Ottawa, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear ScouterJ,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on your stay at the Hampton Inn Ottawa! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services and facilities up to your standards!

I will definitely share your comments with our staff, they will be delighted to hear another guest went home happy!

As for the toilets flushing, if I might just add, they are low flow toilets, and they require the lever to be held for a couple of seconds to work properly. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to discuss this any furtherl

We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Welland, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed in several hotels in Ottawa during the five years our son was at the U of O but the Hampton Inn was the best place during our recent visit (July 28.) The room was spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast was good with numerous items available. The secure underground parking area was appreciated as our vehicle was broken into elsewhere on a previous visit to Ottawa.
Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank maf3065
Dear maf3065,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on your stay at the Hampton Inn Ottawa! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, services and location - sorry to hear your previous stay in Ottawa was not so enjoyable, as your car was broken into. I am glad your last stay was a lot better!

We wish all the best to your son at the university, and hope to be able to welcome you and the family soon again!

La Paz, Mexico
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a nice hotel. The rooms were lovely. Unfortunately we were put into an area where there was no internet and this was very frustrating. Nothing could be done to help us. Plus the restaurant was being renovated. We had to hunt for the area being used as a restaurant. Very very inconvenient and awkward.

I would recommend the hotel as long as you make sure you are in an area that has internet!

Room Tip: Make sure you have internet!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Carolyn B,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review of your stay at our hotel! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed our facilities and services, but am a bit confused about your comment on breakfast area - we have renovated and opened newly finished lobby in January. You mentioned that restaurant was being renovated during your stay in June. We do not have a restaurant, only lobby area where breakfast is served. This area has not been closed since January. Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss this any further.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon - whenever your travels bring you back to Canada and Ottawa!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I stayed for three nights in 2 queen room and I'm very pleased with our stay.
It has a friendly staff, good full breakfast, coffee and tea in the ground floor all day.
The room was spacious, even the bathroom, bed comfortable, they change your linens every day. My kids and me also enjoyed a swimming pool and a hot tub.
We had a great time, I recommend this hotel to everybody and we definitely will choose it when we will be in Ottawa next time!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Valentina G, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Ottawa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear luba072,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Ottawa! We are very glad you and the family enjoyed your stay with us and will be very happy to welcome you back!

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Having stayed at this Hampton Inn many years ago on business for 3 to 4 weeks, I decided to book into this Hotel again for the August Civic Long weekend (Aug 01-04/2014) away. Throughout my current 3 night stay the staff were friendly and helpfull, and the rooms and Hotel were clean and well maintained to the standard that I would expect of a Hampton Inn or similar class of Hotel that would cater to a business traveler. Unfortunately, however the good comparison ends there.

I had originally booked this Hotel via the Hilton/Hampton Inn website for $136.00/night for the 1st two nights, and for $119.00 on the 3rd night. I was surprised when I saw a fee for $4.08 for each night (3 x $4.08 = $12.24 in addition to a further 13% tax (in Ontario it is called the HST or Harmonized Sales Tax) being charged on top of the $136.00 room rate. This worked out to an additional 3% on top of the room charge, even before tax. THIS WAS NOT DISCLOSED ON MY RESERVE CONFIRMATION EMAIL THAT I RECEIVED FROM HAMPTON INN's RESERVATION CENTRE! At check-out I noticed this on my Room Bill, and since it is not a legal tax required by the Government (Federal, Provincial, or Municipal) I asked them to remove it, but the HOTEL REFUSED. Unfortunately they already had my credit card information, so I will have to try to dispute this with my Credit Card carrier. However, my self being from Ontario I feel that this Hampton Inn is ripping me off, along with the Ottawa Gatineau Hotel Association who encouraged this additional 3% room fee masquaraded as a tax on the Hotel Bill, which it collects from Member Hotels (Refer to the "Ottawa Destination marketing fee checks back in to capital" Article from the Ottawa Business Journal, dated Feb 11, 2014).

Anyways, as long as Hotels in Ottawa continue to collect this 3% fee that to the average tourist from outside of Ontario, or Canada may not realize is not a tax, I would encourage all tourists coming to visit Ottawa to visit other city in Canada, that does not try to collect such a fee from it's guests.

Wayne R.
Mississauga, ON

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd Floor they put the breakfeast buffet in the 2nd floor meeting roooms, caused a lot of...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wayne R
Dear Wayne R,

Thank you for submitting your feedback on your stay at our hotel! We are very glad you enjoyed our services and facilites!

I am sorry you feel so strongly about the DMF, even after it was explained to you and offered to have it removed. Our Reservations Manager, who remembers you well, had offered to remove it from your bill, but you refused. She explained that almost all hotels in Ottawa-Gatineau area, with exception of three or four, charge this fee (which is not a tax), and that hotels in other big cities charge it also. Our front office clerk Claire had shown you her bill from Quebec City where she was also charged this fee. I personally have paid homeless tax in Miami, FL, as a tourist.

We have spent good three weeks with the brand trying to even incorporate DMF in confirmations which are emailed to guests - as there are more than 2,000 Hamptons worldwide, it is impossible to show individual country, state or city taxes and/or fees.

We will be glad to welcome you back, should you decide to return to Ottawa.

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hampton Inn is a great hotel. Our room was very spacious (so spacious that we were able to fit a cot in the room as well) and the bathroom was double size. This room also included a kitchenette. Very clean hotel throughout and the breakfast was good. They must have anticipated a busy weekend and included a breakfast on the main and second floor. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Valentina G, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Ottawa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear karmar1965,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review and share your thougths on your stay at the Hampton Inn Ottawa! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and are glad you found our services, facilities and location suit your needs.

I can see you were here on one of our very busy weekends: yes, we do open up our meeting rooms upstairs for breakfast overflow on those days, to make sure everyone can get breakfast and actually sit and eat it without being rushed by waiting people.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon!