“Enjoyable stay at King Edward B&B, Ottawa”

Auberge The King Edward Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my second enjoyable stay at King Edward B&B. The host Richard is very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable and his dog, Sunny, is a delight. Breakfast offerings were healthy and delicious. It is a short walk to downtown, some museums and parliament hill. Public transportation is available nearby, too.
I intend to return soon.

Room Tip: The Tower Room has an enclosed bathroom and nice outdoor balcony. The other 2 rooms have a shared b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We loved staying at Richard's place. The location is great. Even better is the place itself. It is beautifully decorated and very clean. Richard is the best host. He gives great info about the area and offers good suggestions to questions. He is very relaxed, which makes at nice atmosphere. Breakfast is great. And then there is Sunny the Wonder Dog! He is great dog. He and Richard are a team in welcoming people to the house.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tower Room. This is a beautiful room with ensuite. It has a balcony with patio tabl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great B&B in downtown Ottawa!
My husband & I stayed with Richard & Sunny for a week the middle of June. We had enjoyed our visit so much 2 years ago we returned. Richard (and Sunny) are extremely welcoming hosts. Richard is a wealth of knowledge about Ottawa - places to see, how to get to them etc. The location is perfect for walking anywhere in downtown Ottawa. Richard is very proud of his home & garden & it shows. The house has a very comfortable feel. The Tower room was large with a small sitting area, balcony, air conditioning, TV & refrigerator.
Every morning, there was a hearty breakfast served with the other guests. It was fun to visit with everyone particularly Richard who joined us for a cup of coffee.
We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Ottawa.

Karen from Victoria

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen5350
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had to go to Ottawa to get a visa but also wanted to tour a bit since it's been over 10 years since I've been there. Therefore, this B&B was the perfect place to stay because it was close to good sites and the government offices and embassy that I had to go to. The Tower room was spacious and had a lovely balcony. The rest of the house was filled with quaint decor and lots of interesting things from different countries. The owner was very knowledgeable about the local area as well as government offices and the embassy I had to visit. He was very helpful and accommodating. I loved the breakfast-especially the muffins! We could walk easily and quickly to Parliament, the bridge to Gatineau and Byward Market. My husband and I were travelling with our 18 month old daughter and she loved the dog, bird and looking at the interesting decor. Not all B&Bs or hotels accommodate children and we felt that our daughter was more than welcome here. We had a lovely visit to the nation's capital and one of the reasons is because the King Edward is so lovely and central. Although it is located on a major road, we didn't feel that it was too noisy at night. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shrimpchip
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently stayed the Ottawa King Edward bed and breakfast. The host Rich was kind, helpful, and professional. The accompanying host, Sunny, added four-legged friendliness and a sense of home matching the calm and tranquil environment. Rich went out of his way to meet the accommodation needs of myself and teen son at no extra cost. He was a wealth of information on venues to enjoy in Ottawa and he took extra time to provide information on vacationing spots and travel routes along the St. Lawrence into Quebec. I hope to take on this beautiful scenic and cultural journey he suggested one day. The breakfasts were delicious – fresh bagels and muffins, scrambled eggs with cheese, cereal, fruits, tea, coffee, juice, and yogurt. I stayed in the burgundy room featuring large windows, a balcony, and a fresh, clean bed – an experience of charm and comfort. I enjoyed curling up in front of a warm fireplace in the evening surrounded by worldwide antiquities, tropical greenery and the sound of purring fountain water. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pamela c
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location. We parked our car, and did not use it for our entire stay. We walked all over Ottawa. Richard gave us an excellent orientation to the city and had good suggestions as to what to see and where it was located. Our bed was comfortable. We had a family emergency while we were there, and our host was most obliging.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sillysoc
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I just spent two nights at the Auberge King Edward and have only good things to say about this B&B. The front garden was beautiful with its' massive display of spring tulips. As you enter the B&B your attention is immediately drawn to its' old world charm and character. I was very impressed with the subtle yet very appealing nuances undertaken by Richard to enhance the pleasure of our stay; from the fine linens, to the soft music playing throughout the main floor, to a warm and welcoming fire in the front parlor upon our arrival from a chilly evening out. I stayed in the Burgundy Room and found it to be very large, with a variety of reading material, large screen TV and an adjacent spacious and very private balcony which added to my enjoyment as I was able to spend quiet moments reading and listening to soft music outdoors. Overall I would rate the ambiance of the B&B as extremely tranquil and serene!!

Richard and his dog Sunny were wonderful hosts and I particularly appreciated the efforts put forth by Richard in providing a delicious breakfast and initiating interesting conversation amongst the guests around the breakfast table. Overall it was a very pleasurable stay and experience. I would highly recommend Auberge King Edward.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo