“sweet spot”

Ottawa Marriott Hotel
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“sweet spot”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I only stayed a night but this place made me want to stay longer. The pool and fitness centre were inviting, even though I think my room might have been above the squash court (5th floor), noticeable only during the day. I had a corner room with loads of windows, a balcony so fresh air as needed, and very ergonomic and well-appointed work space. The location of the place is splendid: 5 minutes from Parliament Hill and smack in the middle of downtown. I'd go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Got this room from bidding on Priceline and stayed here for three nights. Staff welcomed me just like any other guests. I forgot to pack a few items and the hotel promptly provided them. Great customer service! The room was very clean. Location is great - it was very near Parliament Hill and a short walk to Byward Market. Bus stations were nearby too. Great to have a Starbucks right at the hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank G00dfish
Peru, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and the employees were too. The rooms were nice but do need some updating. But the other Marriott we stayed in was in the same condition so maybe they all need an upgrade. But it was centrally located and we were able to walk everywhere.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Suebear1
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comment concerning the close proximity of the Ottawa Marriott to the museums, Parliament Buildings and cultural activities. It is true that Ottawa is a vibrant city and has many wonderful touristic attributes. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to experience it.

We are also grateful that our Hosts provided Brilliant service and that you recognize their dedication to making your stay inspiring.

We are appreciative that you took the time to write about your experience at our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Stephane P
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I arrived at the Marriott hotel and must say the check in process was as efficient as ever! I was on my way in under five minutes. Great job to the front desk agent. It was disappointing, however, that I was not given a quiet room, away from the elevators as I had requested in my reservation, and the fact that the bathtub in my room was chipped everywhere.

Did I have a comfortable stay? I did (besides the occasional elevator noise)... Would I recommend it? No.

There are many hotels to choose from when I travel, I'm certainly not loyal to any brand in particular, and I won't give my money to a hotel that doesn't look after me, or honour my requests 100%.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alex B
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your review wonderful comment concerning you check-in experience at the Ottawa Marriott hotel.

I am however, disappointed to read that your stay was not satisfactory. We attempt to provide a brilliant stay to our guest and based on your comment it appears that we did not achieve this. We make every effort to fulfill the preferences and there are circumstances such as rooms available at time of check-in, sold out days, length of stay and type of room requested that influence our ability to provide this. I understand that this does not change your view on your stay however it is important that we attempt to explain the circumstances that we manage. I am disappointed that our host did not take the time to explain to you the reasons why we could not meet your requirements.

I am sorry that we did not provide you a brilliant stay and I welcome any additional feedback you may have. Simply reach out to me at stephane.pelletier@ottawamarriott.com

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I find trip advisor very helpful when traveling to new cities. I travel 200 days a year and when I stay in Ottawa it is always at the Marriott Hotel on Kent. The concierge level has a view of the city like no other, a lounge run by Lisa Armstrong in the morning and Annie McKintosch at night is a great place to hide and relax. These ladies know how get your day started on the right foot and finished at some of the best restaurants in town. Numerous times in the past months these ladies have provided recommendation and reservations for restaurants that were outstanding. I give them and the hotel 5 green circles and a big thank you. R. McComb

Room Tip: Ask the ladies at the front desk for a room with a balcony that over looks the river.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert M
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review regarding your stay at the Ottawa Marriott.

Thank you for mentioning the great people that provided brilliant service to you. We are delighted that she has left a lasting impression and that you have taken the time to mention her by name in your review. Please be assured that we will share your wonderful comments with Lisa.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The Marriott is a nice hotel in downtown Ottawa. Good location next to Sparks Street and close to parliament hill. I found the rooms were a little dated and worn. Time for a renovation then it will be a great place to stay for anyone to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Superfly76
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Ottawa Marriott.

It is apparent by your comment that your guestroom did not delight you. We are disappointed that it did not meet your expectation and we certainly appreciate your acknowledging that it will be a great place once it is upgraded. Having said this, we have made significant improvements the past year and have we have received wonderful feedback from our guests. We continue to update our product to improve the guest experience and we will begin our final phase of this renewal program this summer.

I welcome the opportunity to further discuss your thoughts and you may reach me directly at stephane.pelletier@ottawamarriott.com at your convenience. I look forward to having the opportunity to talking with you very soon.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Really loved the Hotel and my room....everything was immaculate and very stylish....the room was spacious and elegant, with an incredible king size bed!!! I have a sleeping problem and slept beautifully!!! The soft Duvet and huge pillows were yummy and I had a top and bottom sheet (for the person complaining that no sheet was a Canadian thing :( :( )...and, my bathroom was more than adequate. Air Conditioning and the air quality were both very good. Check in and check out were handled beautifully...all.the staff were always friendly and polite!!! The location was perfect, with lovely, charming shopping areas close by... I am recommending you to my family and friends....I am rather difficult to please and will use you again!!! Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cat913
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay at the Ottawa Marriott and that you have taken the time to write about it.

Thank you for your feedback, it is gratifying to read that we met your expectations with the service received from our hosts and of course the comfortable sleep you experienced. Thank you for pointing out that our beds include a fitted and flat sheet and that the washroom was adequate with the THANN Aromatic Wood Amenities. It is exciting to receive so many compliments from a guest and we thank you for selecting us for your first official hotel review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and we look forward to having you back at the Ottawa Marriott very soon.