“Better to sleep in your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Value Inn

Value Inn
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Kingston, Canada
“Better to sleep in your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

The previous reviewers didn't say enough bad about this dump. The sheets had holes in them, Dead cockroaches in the bed. Large black ants everywhere. Surly help. If you can't get another place sleep in your car!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank inquirer002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
not available
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

We checked into a freezing cold room. The manager said he hadn't had a chance to go in and turn the heat on. (!?!) So in -30C weather, it took about 8 hours for the room to be warm enough to stay in. When I went to get a little pack of coffee to warm ourselves up, the manager said he would have to charge me an extra 1.99$!! So I didn't take it and we went to warm up somewhere else while the room we paid for was inhabitable.
The toilet was clogged and I had to get a plunger myself to unclog it.
After this ordeal, I wanted to take a nice warm bath to relax, warm up and somewhat enjoy the rest of the night. The water was dark brown. I asked the manager about it and he said it was because of the construction and that I should just leave the water running. After wasting gallons and gallons of hot water, the color had not disappeared so the bath was canceled.
I don't have any complaints about the bed. I didn't examine it too closely for bugs or cleanliness but maybe I should have after reading these reviews.
We slept and I got up the next morning to go get the promised continental breakfast. There was NOTHING in the lobby. Not even a pot of coffee. The manager told me that usually they have donuts and bagels but that because it was so quiet they hadn't ordered anything. After he saw the disappointment on my face he offered a FREE!! little sachet of coffee which I accepted. He came back and handed me a pack of DECAF coffee!!!
It was a horrible experience. I've paid half the price I paid at this dump (116$) for twice the service. Little things like offering your guests all the stupid coffee they want and keeping your rooms above freezing level would help alot. Keeping the toilets functional is also a great plus. I guess these guys get by on one-night-stays by people who don't know better. I was kind of in a jam when I found this place in the yellow pages but never again! I'm just glad I only booked for one night. And the manager made of point of closing the bill and charging my credit card before I even saw the room. That's another thing I learned for next time.
Oh and as for the high speed internet, it was very slow and the manager said I should move closer to the lobby. So in other words, he wanted me to go sit outside with my laptop in the snowbank. :)

THIS PLACE SUCKS! THE MANAGEMENT SUCKS! MY BAG OF DECAF COFFEE IS STILL ON THE TABLE OF MY ROOM! LOL

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank evillusion

Travellers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Laval, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

Our softball team stayed at this hotel and several of us were ravaged by bed bugs. I'm still scratching the scabs.
It was questionable whether or not the sheets and towels had been washed since they were so grey-brown and dingy. Shabby, dirty, stained, furniture. No fitted sheets, just flat sheets on the mattress that moved and meant during the night you ended up touching the disgusting, stained, flea-ridden mattress.
Front desk person refused to give us extra towels, even though they were very thin and small. Four of our group paid extra to share a room, yet were refused sheets to put on the hide-a-bed that was in their room.
The stairs and balconies were rotting. Some of us almost fell through the rot holes in the planks of the stairs, which were camouflaged by dirty outdoor carpetting.
As were packing to leave, a few minutes after check out time, a staff member threatened to charge us extra for late checkout. We were the only customers there, not like anyone was waiting to check in. After getting only three hours sleep in this hideous dump, you'd think they could be a little more lenient.
The owner should be ashamed. This place can't be cleaned. It should be demolished.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank n_purdon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

Ok so I was on a trip with my family and friends family then we saw this motel on the internet and it looked good but once we got there the front was not to bad, in the inside now thats a different story. The beds had ciggarette burns in them and in the bathroom they give you 2 towels for a family of four with only shampoo and a small bar of soap. The smell was horrible so we called front desk and the night maniger started arguing. He got mad and swiched our rooms, it was a room he was saving for himself. Our first room was on the second floor on the stairs there was a loose step, the lights were sorounded by bugs which get into the room, carpet is dirty, towels hard, broken toilet, bathtub chips and stains, very light breakfest (doughnuts only 2 kinds and some coffie) and a SMOKING smell in an NON-SMOKING room. The toilet woulden't flush so we had to reach our hands in to the dirty toilet and flush manualy. SO USE THIS MOTEL ONLY IF YOU HAVE TO!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank badboyguy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

"VALUE INN" = "The WORST HOTEL/MOTEL"
DO NOT believe in what you've seen from their website. The website photos completely mislead you.
100% Unsatisfactory!!!!!!!!!!!!

We stayed in Value INN (2098 Montreal Road, Ottawa) on May 22, and paid $120 per room per night. Rooms are VERY VERY DIRTY, VERY BAD SMELL, SHABBY. The toilet does not work, and we had to put our hands into the water tank to manually flush it.
Please take my advise: Stay away from Value INN.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank ywq
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I booked a room for one night at this hotel for two of our Managers, based on location, price & the photos on their website, which, while not fancy, do make the rooms appear clean & tidy. The booking agent was very friendly & helpful, however, Manager #1 opted to stay with friends in the city. Manager #2 chose to stay in the hotel. When Manager #2 returned, he asked that I never book it again as it was absolutely horrible (I believe he even used the term "flea-ridden"). Manager #1 could not stop laughing at how bad this place was. Next time, I will stick with well-known names that have reputations to uphold, such as the Travelogde down the street.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank AdminCoord
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

Older motel undergoing renovations. Great Chinese takeout and Wendys next door with McDonalds across the street made for an afordable stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family