“Value Inn no value at all!!”
Review of Value Inn

Value Inn
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Went in end of Jan 2012, MOULDY, FREEZING, HAIR IN SHOWER from previous persons, HAIR IN PILLOWS, DIRTY FLOORS!!! TV REMOTE DOESNT WORK, their "CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST" is coffee & stale donuts! No Microwave, no cream, toilet clogged, it was truly the worst place Ive EVER stayed for cash!
Manager NOT available, NO ONE at front desk, everything under renovation, no salt for the ICED WALKWAYS, HEATER was TERRIBLE. The only gud thing is it's close to sight-seeing stuff. Otherwise, DEMAND A REFUND!! Wow, Value Inn was just so BAD!!

Room Tip: Choose someplace else!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Naoya I

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Save your money....no matter how cheap you get a room here it's not worth it. I would rather sleep in the car. I checked in to this hotel on business and yes the smell is still their. Smelled like a camp fire. The room had dirty walls and in the bathroom their was actually wiskers on the bathroom door which is opposite the sink. How the hell can that happen? I turned back the sheets and found a couple gross long strands of hair. I was scared to close my eyes. Who ever is supposed to clean the rooms dosn't clean at all. This is a discusting hotel and should be visited by the Health Board and shut down. The owners should be ashamed of themselves. I can't believe that anyone says this hotel is good... give your head a shake!

Room Tip: Don't do it !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Shane H
Reviewed 8 November 2011

On October 28 and 29 I stayed at this Value Inn on Montreal Road because it
was the most affordable option, and the closest and most direct route to
and from the Dominion Outreach Center where I was planning to spend some
time.

The owner and his staff were not only pleasant and articulate, but well
dressed and well groomed. The lobby was clean and inviting. Since I am
one who does not like to clean windows, I noticed that the windows in the
lobby were exceptionally clean.

During my stay, there was plenty of hot and cold water in my unit, all of
which was of excellent quality to not only bathe in, but also to drink. I
found it a challenge to use the rather sophisticated bathtub stopper. I
found myself trying to twist it rather unsuccessfully I am afraid. The
owner explained it is a matter of pushing it once to close the drain, then
pushing it down a second time to allow the water to drain away. I thought
I would share this to save the next person a little bit of frustration.

My bed was extremely comfortable, and the bedding was clean. The room itself was not as clean as I would have liked.

It was cold, but not below freezing, when I arrived. I noticed that all
the electric rads were just like new, but it seemed to be taking a long
time for the room to feel warm. I was pleased to discover that the air
conditioner was mounted into the outside wall just above the main electric
heater, so I was able to use the fan to circulate the heat and this made
all the difference.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Value Inn and should I have an opportunity to return to Ottawa would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My wife and I were looking to get out of our house for our 1st wedding anniversary. A friend suggested the Value Inn as it is economical and has jacuzzi suites available. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and the beautiful, spacious room with a king sized bed. We got a coffee machine, tea and lots of towels. The service was AWESOME! You can't do better for the money!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed this motel couple of times one was during thanksgiving weekend and other one was November 1st. This is a small motel but excellent services. The rooms are very clean and my kids enjoyed verymuch. Front desk staff are very polite and even they helped us to bring our baggage to the room. I definetly recommend this motel to anyone. If we get a chance to come to ottawa defintely we are going to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I had to travel to Ottawa for business and stay one night. Nothing was available but this dump(though I didn't know when I booked over the phone) I checked in and checked out 5 minutes later.

The place was dilapidated and unsanitary! The sheets had cigarette holes in them and yellow stains on them. I was refused a refund and was told "if you don want stained sheets to go to the Hilton"

I Considered sleeping in my work vehicle and decided that anything was better than staging there! I did not want to touch anything!

The manager would not take my calls and finally did and said he would not refund me. He said you people are always wanting things for free! He was sarcastic and rude. I was there on government business IN UNIFORM!

This place is not suitable for stray cats let alone people! I drove 500km home instead of staying!!

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank DisgustedGuest655
Reviewed 20 October 2011

It was a VERY dirty room - and I was charged in full,,,,,,even though I did not stay the night. Made a formal complaint and was insulted by a rude, arrogant manager and told I expected too much.
I was told that they can't throw out sheets just because they are dirty and have holes - businesses have to make money and that's not the way to do it.
Worst hotel stay ever - and I travel for business frequently!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business