“Honest Opinion”

Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Hendon, London, United Kingdom
“Honest Opinion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

New to Canada so had booked for four nights at the hotel having left another hotel. I was shocked at the fact that a deposit of $200 was taken upfront. I am aware of hotels swiping your card on arrival for incidentals but not taking the amount upfront.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
Room was not ready so given another room on the ground floor. Loose tiles by area designated for luggages. Ironing board was faulty although when reported this was taken care of. Breakfast was very basic comprising of just bread, tea and coffee and cereal. The hotel restaurant (The Brew) was lovely though and we had our dinners there almost every night.

2 Thank Allegra W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great stay, staff were very friendly and professional. For the price it was a great deal. Breakfast which was included was OK but good enough for a family of 4 with 2 kids. Room was clean. Just make sure to ask for extra towels if have more than 3 in your group as they only provide 3 towels per room. Right off highway so easy access and drive to downtown Ottawa. McDonalds, loblaws right across the street. Would highly recommend and will probably use again if travelling to Ottawa.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

The walls of adjacent rooms (especially where there are adjoining interior doors) do not muffle sound at all. There were two screaming children in the room beside us - woke us up and kept us up from 4 am onwards. Hard when you have a full day ahead of you. Banged on the wall after 1/2 hour but parents did nothing. Eventually called the front desk/security, groggily.

Free parking is a plus. Breakfast is continental, not hot. Air conditioning in room worked well.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs/muffs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Nimroz T, Sales Manager at Days Inn - Ottawa West, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvience caused during your stay. If you have any issues with your room, please let the front desk know so that we can rectify the issue promptly. I hope that we can show you our superior service during your next stay with us. Have a wonderful day.

Regards,
Sales Manager

Travellers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is a great place if you want to stay close to the Queensway (but barely hear it) and have a great resto-pub on site. The hotel is staffed with friendly people who went well above the norm to look after me. Rooms were quiet, very clean and modern. The breakfast was adequate, but in all honesty I have had better. That said, Days Inn tend to be more flexible on rates than many other properties, and I was able to get a great rate, and so forgave the breakfast. You can get anywhere in town from here and I would happily return to this property. Restaurant review to follow.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, and it was surprisingly quiet.
Saratoga Springs, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Best part of the hotel is the bar/restaurant. Had two meals there and
really enjoyed both - food was very good and the staff there were really fun and helpful.

The rest of the service, the quality of the rooms, the breakfast, and the overall cleanliness - below average.

Front desk was dismissive and rude. At check-in she took a call after we started our process - pet peeve of mine, as I was there first. Makes me want to call while standing there in front of her so I can re-jump the line. She then told me it was her OWNER - in other words: someone more important than YOU. I would think the owner would want her taking care of her customer first but I guess not. We then played check-in-charades as she talked on the phone the entire time, but continued my check-in and literally mimed anything she had to communicate to me. I wanted to mime being stuck in an imaginary box, just to play along, but she probably wouldn't have noticed. I asked her if we would ever talk - I had a few simple questions and I wasn't up for miming "do you have a cot". She reminded me she was on the phone w/ the OWNER - so I had no choice but to stand there 5 more minutes until she was done w/ the big guy.

They do have some cot-like things, by the way...like floor pads, really, but they did the trick...except the floor was a little sketchy, but my kid doesn't care thankfully.

Room was not great. Felt unclean. They have a shampoo/conditioner/body-wash dispenser in the shower - no bar of soap or little shampoo bottles for the shower. The dispenser looked pretty old and nasty - none of us were big fans of that. I assume it saves them $$ to do it this way, but none of us customers like the idea of it. At a minimum get new dispensers.

Breakfast was subpar. Very skimpy choices - like almost nothing. Saw a handful of small muffins. We looked at it for 2 seconds and then went straight to the McDonalds across the street.

Worst part is we paid $120/night for all this. Over-priced for what it is.

Sorry to say thing but I'd actively avoid staying here in the future.

1 Thank saratogamike
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Called to book a room and the woman at the desk told me she was too busy to take my reservation! I'll book else where thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B e
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

The staff of the Days inn were polite to a fault, other hotels can learn from this hotel. My stay here was relaxing and peaceful. The staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable as well as making sure that my dog was also comfortable. In short this hotel was welcoming and makes a effort to accommodate a person needs.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo