“Great stay”

Days Inn - Ottawa West
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

After reading other reviews I thought maybe I had the wrong hotel, but after further investigation I realize the rooms for those travelling with a pet are much different from the rest. The "pet rooms" are a huge disappointment, they REALLY need a thorough cleaning! The hallway has something splattered on the wall, the carpet is filthy and the even the window at the end of the hall is very dirty. Upon opening the door to the room you are hit with a funky smell, the carpet has debris from the previous person and the bathroom needs a deep clean. I kept my shoes on at all times and wished I had brought my flip flops for the shower.
We arrived late at night, my husband was ill and just needed sleep so we booked 2 nights or I definitely would have switched hotels.
The location is great, the decor is acceptable and the staff are friendly
I can only speak for myself when I say my dog is well trained, well groomed as I am sure there are some that are not but the same can be said of some children, teams travelling etc,
My overall experience? I paid extra to be treated second class:(

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in a "pet room" - they are disgusting
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Missy M
Rose E, General Manager at Days Inn - Ottawa West, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest thank you for your feed back. I'm sorry the room you recieved did not meet your standard, the issues have been addressed with houekeeping and will be rectified. Your comments help us improve.
Morrisburg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Good place to stay. Dinner in their restaurant was good too but our server want the most attentive. They have live entertainment - one man singing and playing the guitar. Room was clean and good value for what you get. Service was friendly.
I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your positive comments.
Uxbridge, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room provided was not up to par. The was a strong odour of possible
cleaning agent which caused us breathing problems. The room and contents
are looking rather shabby in our opinion. Time for a refit!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Gordon T
Dear Guest, I'm sorry you were disapointed in your stay with us, the comments are appreciated and are taken seriously.
Travellers also viewed these Ottawa hotels
Kanata
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#44 of 67 in Ottawa
Travelodge Ottawa East
#51 of 67 in Ottawa

Been to Days Inn - Ottawa West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn - Ottawa West

Property: Days Inn - Ottawa West
Address: 350 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2H 8G3, Canada
Region: Canada > Ontario > Ottawa
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
#6 Best Value Hotel in Ottawa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn - Ottawa West 2.5*
Please note that the pet friendly rooms are strictly on the Ground Floor and a fee per night does apply. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn - Ottawa West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Ottawa West Hotel Ottawa