“Great cocktails! Nice place to relax.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zoe's Lounge

Zoe's Lounge
Ranked #158 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$21 - US$105
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fairmont Château Laurier's lounge was named after Sir Wilfrid Laurier's beloved wife. Zoé Laurier Lafontaine was a young piano teacher known for her kindness, simplicity and most of all her big heart. She would have been proud to visit her namesake, which is now Ottawa's most stylish and elegant lounge with its chic decor, glowing chandeliers, and a beautiful glass adorned atrium. Zoé's Lounge features live entertainment and is famous for its light fare menu, freshly prepared vintage cocktails and its wonderful Afternoon Tea.
Northern, NY
“Great cocktails! Nice place to relax.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Zoe's is a great place to sit and relax. The staff are amazing and very accommodating. They offer a wide variety of signature cocktails. We recommend the Chateau Cosmo.

Visited March 2014
ChateauLaurier, Public Relations Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding Zoe’s. I have to say that the Sparkling Chateau Cosmo is also one of my favourites.

Thank you so much for sharing this with others.

Best regards,

Deneen Perrin
Director, Public Relations

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Afternoon Tea at Zoe's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am writing this review after speaking to my sister who’s been working in the hospitality industry for over the last 15 years about my “afternoon tea” experience at Zoe’s. She had indicated that I should have spoken to the manager at that time, since these comments would help improve the service and quality of the restaurant, so, in lieu of that, I opted to write a review now. We were attending Winterlude over the Family Day long weekend and were truly looking forward to afternoon tea at Zoe's, having made reservations 2 months in advance from Toronto. My family have enjoyed many afternoon tea in various hotels including the Fairmont chains, however the tea quality and service at the Chateau Laurier was a great disappointment. Our ordered of three traditional tea and one Canadian tea, was messed up as only three teas arrived, the tea trolley service brought over heated cognac and placed it on my setting which was never ordered and later removed. We had no cutlery for the sugar bowl, no jam and clotted cream and no refill of hot water for the tea pots. We kept asking for the basic items served with tea. The bill was a whopping $167.00 for 4 teas and the service was terrible. I would not recommend Zoe's to anyone looking for the traditional high tea service Fairmont is famous for.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank daine m
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Daine,

I am sorry to hear of your recent tea experience. This time honoured tradition is one that we are extremely proud of, as a result, I am disappointed to hear of your challenges.

Rest assured that we will be looking into this matter very closely, should you have any further information you can share with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 613-241-1414.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may review our policies and procedures.

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent ambiance, weak service; management needs to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We went to the Zoe lounge with a couple of our friends last Sunday. The ambiance was superb. There was a pianist playing lovely songs. As in all Fairmont restaurants, the seating and décor were lovely.

We started our evening by ordering a bottle of wine. While our friends ordered a white wine we ordered a red Hungarian wine. We also ordered Salmon Rillette, Duck Prosciutto and Duck Rillette. Our friends ordered three other selections of the charcuterie.

The first wine we ordered was corked. It had an unpleasant smell and taste. The waitress offered to replace the bottle. We instead chose a Macedonian wine. The Macedonian wine was exceptional.

Still after over 30 minutes of our charcuterie order, we were not served yet until the person responsible on the floor came to ask us if we needed to order anything. We told her that we have been waiting for a while, but not had been served yet. She immediately went to the kitchen and came back not even two minutes later with our selections and apologized for the delay. It seemed that our selection was already waiting for the server to come and serve us. I won’t blame the waitress rather the management of the restaurant. The Zoe lounge at that time (6 p.m.) was fully booked and there was only two waitresses for this huge lounge. The portions of our food selection were also quite small.

We enjoyed the evening with our friends. We stayed over two hours. We asked for the bill, paid and left.

After I went home, looking to the bill I realized that we were over billed. We were billed to the Hungarian wine which was more expansive than the Macedonian wine which we consumed.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Gabriel N
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Gabriel,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with others on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that overall, your experience in Zoe’s was a memorable one.

I do, however, regret your disappointment with the service and thank you for your observation regarding the staffing levels and the portions of food served. I also trust that you have contact us directly to rectify the matter with your billing.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Zoe’s one day soon.

incerely,
Ottawa, Canada
“Lovely high tea experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We visited Zoe's Lounge for high tea with two friends to celebrate after our civil ceremony wedding. Our server was so wonderful and professional, and when he found out we had just gotten married, brought us a plate of chocolate truffles with "Congratulations" spelled in chocolate - so sweet and thoughtful!
The food was delicious, and the selection of teas is impressive. If you're celebrating a special event, I recommend adding a glass of champagne (Moët) to your meal for a festive touch.
If you enjoy the afternoon high tea experience, this lounge is the perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lauren M
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Lauren,

We are delighted that you enjoyed the High Tea experience in Zoe’s Lounge. It is our mission to turn moments intro memories and Zoe’s allows us the perfect venue to do so.

We hope to see you again soon.

Ottawa, ON Canada
“Nice place for tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Love quiet restaurant/bar for a light meal or an English High Tea. Set under a glass canopy the winter seems far away in January. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank 2Fiver
Our High Tea is certainly a lovely experience and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Zoe’s

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.