“Afternoon and princess tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zoe's Lounge

Zoe's Lounge
Ranked #156 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$21 - US$105
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fairmont Château Laurier's lounge was named after Sir Wilfrid Laurier's beloved wife. Zoé Laurier Lafontaine was a young piano teacher known for her kindness, simplicity and most of all her big heart. She would have been proud to visit her namesake, which is now Ottawa's most stylish and elegant lounge with its chic decor, glowing chandeliers, and a beautiful glass adorned atrium. Zoé's Lounge features live entertainment and is famous for its light fare menu, freshly prepared vintage cocktails and its wonderful Afternoon Tea.
Gatineau, Canada
“Afternoon and princess tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went to the High Tea at Chateau Laurier with my 2 daughters and a niece. We had a very good time. I loved the fact that the girls (aged 4 and 6) were welcomed. The view, by the hotel's window overlooking the canal and Grand Central station was great. Service was excellent and attentive.

The best part was the tea service. I don't really know how to call it, but a gentlemen with his assortment of teas was coming around table to table and advising us on tea type and choice before preparing what we had chosen. He had a huge old fashion tea cart. He then came around to offer more water. He was also great with the kids and at chatting up with the adults. The small girls were offered hot chocolate and whipped cream.

Because high-noon tea is something we quite enjoy, we found that the actual 'food' lacked variety and distinctive taste. It was quite bland although the menu made it sound delicious. My oldest daughter and I each had a different kind of food tray and it almost tasted the same. It wasn't bad - it just wasn't great. The scones were excellent and moist though.

So overall, loved the experience (hence the very good) but would need to sample more Chateau Laurier to see how the food normally taste.

Would do it again for a special occasion.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank zaz936
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am delighted that the experience was everything you were looking for.

Rest assured that I have passed along your notes regarding to the food to our Executive Chef.

Once again, thank you for your time.

• Korean first
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great Service and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The charcuterie plate is a Build Your Own thing which was fun. The server was attentive but not intrusive. Nice atmosphere too.

Visited April 2014
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Geoffrey,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and service in Zoe’s Lounge. I hope that you will be back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
“Slow to notice you, but very good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Make sure the staff see you arrive, otherwise there's a chance you will wait. However, once you order, the food comes quickly and it is quite tasty. The French Onion Soup was one of the best I've had.

Visited April 2014
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We take your comments very seriously and we are reviewing these with the colleague and management team. I hope that you received our direct email to you after your direct communication to me.

Regards,

St. John's, Canada
“THE place for high tea in Ottawa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've been lucky enough to have high tea at some notable places in the world, including various hotels in London, Raffles in Singapore, and the Empress in Victoria. So it was with great pleasure and anticipation that my mother and I met with some friends for high tea at the Chateau Laurier. We were not disappointed. After receiving advice from a friend on what to order, we all got the "Canadian Tea" with glasses of Moet Chandon. The selection of scones, sandwiches, and cakes was to die for- everything was high quality and our server was extremely knowledgable. The tea selection was extensive, and our server spent a lot of time with us helping to decide on our tea selection. I was very pleased to find that they had the Empress Blend, so in a fit of nostalgia I had and enjoyed that tea. If you are a person who enjoys going to some of the more notable high teas of the world, then put Zoe's lounge at the Chateau Laurier on your list of places to go!!

• Visited April 2014
Our Afternoon Tea is a time honored tradition and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments.

Ottawa
“step into another time. A must do in Ottawa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

a superb place to grab a drink of a bite. The atmosphere is what makes this place so fun. Live pianist was the extra detail that made me think I had stepped back into the 20's . Loved the drinks, and the menu. A little limited for vegetarians, however, they have a very accommodating kitchen and chef who was willing to make me happy. if you are a visitor to Ottawa, definitely stop here for tea or a drink.

Visited February 2014
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Zoe's Lounge, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Ms. Carriere,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Zoe’s Lounge. We greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with others on Trip Advisor.

Regards,