“Staffer are rude and have powertrip”
Review of Hooley's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hooley's
Ranked #1,842 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American
Ottawa, Canada
“Staffer are rude and have powertrip”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The girl in front for the cover on Saturday night was very unpleasant because she had to wait for the 5$ cover. Then I complain to my boyfriend and the idiotic bouncer try to intimidate me ! I never saw people so unfriendly, unpleasant and rude with clients. I complain to the manager and was very understanding. If you like guy's who are unpleasant, uneducated and have powertrip, then this is the place. Otherwise, don't go there. I really think the manager need to change the staff!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lvtcn

Toronto, Canada
“Good casual hang out”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great location for an after work hang out, and the prices are pretty good as well. The service can be slow, but overall, good place to make your local regular stop.

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“This place is crap.”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Watered down drinks. Crummy eats. Obnoxious crowd and servers.
There's nothing special about this place except the location, and in all honesty, it's a waste of a perfectly good location.
Definitely avoid or go to any of the neighboring pubs; go to the Lieutenant's Pump for a much better time.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Fayez E
Chambéry
“Great place, huge wing nights but the "rules" are always changing.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place is one of the best for a casual night out with friend: good music, good choice of beer, sport, dancefloor, cubicle tables and the tuesday wings night at 25ct ...wich is the best.

Great choice of wings ! Fresh, hot and tasty .... but ! From one waiter to another the "rules" of the wing nights change... some will say you have to take one beer for every new round of wings some don't. Some will say you can mix flavours ... some will say you can't.... some will say you can't share a round of wing, some will allow this ... what a headhache. So please ! chose your formula once and for all... and please make it pleasable for the people... Why are we suppose to drink a new beer everytime we ask for wings...

• Visited December 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Never again for "Dinner and a show"”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My now Fiancee and I went there in July 2013 for our anniversary. It was a surprise I had planned for her - Yuk-yuks has special meaning for the both of us. So I thought: "Why not try this dinner and show thing"? It was supposed to be a romantic/anniversary surprise for her. When we got there, the table was dirty and sticky. And when the waitress wiped the table, her cloth was just as dirty. We waited for our food for a very long time. When we finally got it, our dinners were so cold ... we both had to return it. It was that cold. And when we received it a second time, it was like our dinners were just thrown onto a new plate and microwaved. And it was still cold. We could not even have dessert at our tables, our dinners took so long that it was served half-way through the comedy show downstairs at Yuk-yuk's. We both felt kinda awkward eating desert, in the dart, not knowing exactly what we were eating - and the table we were at in the comedy club was very small as well. This was supposed to be a special/romantic/memorable evening for my Fiancee and I. I am really happy that the comedy acts were in top form that evening. It sort of, but not completely, made up for the poor service, cold food, and very long wait time. Dear Hooley's, here are a few suggestions: Hire better and more staff, make sure hot food is served hot - nicely presented, and serve it in a timely manner. Also, clean the tables please? This was a very unpleasant dinning experience / almost ruined the entire evening. Neither of us will return to Hooley's on Elgin, ever.

• Visited July 2013