“New and clean !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Canada
“New and clean !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Checkin was a breeze, under 5mins probably. Paige was very helpful and entertained questions, showed us what is where in the hotel.

Got us a high floor, easy to find the room, and the ROOM WAS HUGE. Clean and newly furnished, the room was beautifully furnished with burgundy and oak-brown furniture. The washroom was equally nice, clean towels and all.

I'd come back here in a heartbeat, this place is beautiful, clean and even parking in the basement was great. One of the best hotels I have been to, this side of town.

Room Tip: Get the high floor rooms, nice view facing the city, quiet too...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to know you enjoyed our speedy check in, spacious rooms and convenient, free parking. Thanks for offering the great tips too!
Looking forward to you coming back to see us. Thank you for your time.
Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we were in for my brothers wedding from Winnipeg. The hotel was easy to find and we checked in quickly. We asked for a high floor even number room. Parking was underground and free and no issues. We went on the elevator multiple times and never had to wait. No one was ever on the elevator at the same time as us. Our room was on the 10th floor and we booked with our caa membership and got a discount. The view was awesome, the room was big and clean, and bed was comfy. I went to look at the pool area and it looked good as well.

We didn't have any issues sleeping.

The restaurant had a very big and delicious breakfast and booths with TVs.

I had no concerns and recommended it to our family friends who will now be staying there this week.

It is not walking distance to downtown Ottawa but it's a quick drive.

We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Pesonally it was time for a new one in O town. I arrived at noon not expecting to be able to check in yet and to my surprised my room was already cleaned and ready for me. Checking in was quick and painless by a pleasant reception. Great news, a convenient underground parking.....I was very satisfied spending my week here. Even had dinner twice in the bistro...... Now that is rare with me in "Resto town" ........service was fast and friendly both nights......it has a price range to meet most budgets, casual fare as well as some fine dining options. there are some refreshing sides such as red quinoa salad to go with the sandwiches etc.......the rooms are extremely large, high ceilings, big bathrooms...... overall well thought out. Room was clean, lots of linen, comfortable bed. .....large closet, lots of light options........and all the usuals I'm familiar with at the holiday inn express of TV, microwave, small fridge, small sink in a counter.......it is a large convention centre venue.......looks very professional and inviting.....also right off the 417 to zip in and out.....lots of taxis available to bring you to the govt buildings in the Vanier area.....it may not be located downtown but if shopping is what you want, it is walking distance to St Laurent mall.in any case well worth the loction for quietness and comfort.....did I say parking was free......the elevators were cooperative during my stay......LOL.....

Room Tip: higher the room the better overall view of Ottawa....
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
western NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it is probably one of the nicest Courtyards. It is quite new, so everything is modern and clean. The front desk staff is very courteous, helpful, and friendly. housekeeping is consistent. I was in an upgraded room and it was very spacious with a very large bathroom more like the size you would find in an upscale suite with a tub and a large walk in shower. I found the food in the Bistro to generally to be quite good and the price to be comparable to most hotels. The underground parking is nice when the weather is bad. The hotel is close to some bike paths along the river and a short ride from downtown and at the same time right off of the 417. if you added a few bellman you could confuse this with a full service Marriott. My only complaint was that there was always an issue with one of the elevators being out of service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob K
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback of our Ottawa hotel. We're so glad to know your enjoyed our staff, guest rooms and The Bistro. The walk-in showers are available in most guest rooms from the 11th to the 13th floor. You can enjoy the size of the bathroom in any room throughout the hotel.
Look forward to welcoming you again.
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Took the family this time to this great hotel> I had stayed on business several times and loved it. Underground parking which is free is great , but we have a slightly slow elevator service, overpriced restaurant, and not much of a view to the south. Super clean and new, quiet, very helpful and cheery staff. I will stay here always when I visit Ottawa. Fair prices too.

Room Tip: try for a north facing view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts of our Ottawa hotel with the Trip Advisor audience. For a great view, request high floors with even numbers. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Large, clean and spacious. Rooms are like new, it is hard to tell if others had stayed in the room before us. Parking included. Friendly staff.

We will come again. This is a perfect location. Great price. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Josie Q
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of our Ottawa hotel. I am so glad to know you enjoyed our great hotel! We genuinely look forward to having you stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Trying to fit one's impressions of an experience into a five point rating system can sometimes be a bit daunting. I've thought long and hard as to whether this hotel is "very good" or "excellent". Had we not needed to grab a quick bite at the hotel restaurant I'd have judged this hotel as excellent and indeed as a hotel it is.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to keep a hotel room clean but it always amazes me how many places fail to keep their properties well cleaned and maintained. Many of those hotels should send staff to the Courtyard Ottawa East for training as this few year old hotel feels like it opened a month ago. Everything in the room and bathroom was spotless and very, very well maintained. I was most impressed at how clean the bathtub and its fixtures were. I've found that the bathrooms in most hotels seem to be the hardest things for them to keep clean but the staff at the Courtyard seem to have a focus on keeping the rooms in like-new condition.

The room itself was quite large with the standard Courtyard "deskoire" that encompasses a desk, TV stand with plug panel, drawers for clothes storage and an armoire all in one. The best was quite comfrotable and the room even had a couch and wetbar complete with a full suite of storage options under the bar. Noise was kept to a minimum and each time we came back for the evening the room had been well cleaned and put together almost as if we were just checking in.

The only thing detracting from our experience was the restaurant and its lack of room service. I'm not sure why they've chosen not to offer room service as most Courtyards I've visited have had this somewhat standard ammenity. We wound up heading down to the busy restaurant and putting in an order to go. It was obvious to us that the restaurant had planned for a slower evening as the couple of servers staffing the dining room were hoping to say the least.

After about 20 minutes our order was finally ready and we departed for our room having saved a 20% service fee and $3-$5 service charge. I wish I could say anything positive about the food but then again I can't say anything negative either. I guess that means the food was average and unremarkable which is always better than gross and disgusting. That said it's a shame that such a great hotel is lacking great food options.

The only other negative for us was due to our lack of transportation. The hotel is somewhat isolated and not within walking distance of any restaurants or stores. If you'll have a car the lack of walkable destinations shouldn't be a detterent. If you won't have a car and imagine yourself having to take a few meals in the hotel you may want to think twice.

That said, I will certainly consider this hotel to be at the top of my list for our trip to Ottawa next summer.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank griff72
Thank you for taking the time to provide a thorough account of your visit to our new Ottawa hotel. Your recognition of the cleanliness of the rooms has been passed along to our team and I can assure you, they work very hard to provide the experience you have described. Your honest thoughts of your restaurant experience have been noted. Room service is not a Courtyard standard, however some may choose to operate outside of the standards, but at a cost. Due to the unusual size of our Courtyard, room service would be costly and logistically challenging to implement, however as the hotel grows (we are one and a half years old), we keep it on the table for discussion. As for location, we do recognize that it can be challenging for some, which is why the possibility of a shuttle service remains on the table for discussion as well. We welcome your concerns/suggestions and take them seriously. Watch us evolve to better suit your needs!
Many thanks again for your time.