“Addicted to Marriott”

Courtyard Ottawa East
Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My stay at this hotel was with a friend and this started my addiction to the Marriott chain. The hotel was excellent; clean rooms, fantastic food and boy, were the staff very helpful & friendly. Our room had all the amenities listed; Cookware, Refrigerator, Microwave. It was absolutely brilliant and I'd stay over and over again.

Room Tip: Always stay in a room high up :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank govtpikin
Gilles L, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear govtpikin,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to extend our thanks for taking the time to review the Courtyard Ottawa East with such enthusiasm. We would be glad to help you treat this new addiction to the Marriott brand with repeat visits to our Courtyard Ottawa East every now and then! Happy to hear and see that all aspects of your stay met or exceeded your expectations Our Team looks forward to your next visit !

Cheers,
G. Lebrun
Assistant GM
Courtyard Ottawa East
gilles.lebrun@marriott.com

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed in many Courtyards, it is a brand and reliable.
First stay in the YOW East hotel and was pleased with the size, cleanliness and location of the hotel and room.
However...
It was a semi suite, fridge, micro, dishwasher, sink and NO dishes, NO pots,No bowls, No silverware... nothing at all. Not sure what the point of the dishwasher is given that there was nothing to clean.
Other oddities that were annoying,
Electricity is controlled by front desk, they forgot to turn it on.
Heat is controlled somewhere other than the room, only setting on the thermostat 70 degrees.

My expectations were not met on this stay and I pay a little extra for a little extra... did not happen!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ubergirlcanada
Gilles L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Dear ubergirlcanada,
We thank you for sharing your comments about our Courtyard, and appreciate your loyalty to our Marriott Brand.
There are in fact only two of our Suites which are fully stocked with all of the kitchen essentials and appliances. All of the other Hospitality Suites, about a half-dozen of them, can be fully stocked upon request, such as when we host sports teams or convention delegates. The reason you won't find pots and pans is because there are no cooking appliances in these rooms. The dishwasher is convenient for washing glassware and dishes for little get-togethers. What you will find is a large Wetbar and full-sized Fridge, perfect for keeping your snacks & beverages chilled.
Our POWER SAVER system is praised by most guests; we are sorry that that the lights were powered down when you arrived, as our Associates forgot to verify this upon check-in. We now have a system in place to prevent this occurence.
The heating and cooling isn't controlled by the Front Desk; Guests have full access to A/C in the summer and heat in the winter.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Courtyard in the near future, and our Team would be more than happy to have all the necessary amenities you require to make your stay even more memorable.

Warmest regards,
G. Lebrun, AGM, Courtyard Ottawa East
gilles.lebrun@marriott.com

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My second stay at this Courtyard by Marriott and an excellent one. The rooms are just huge and they exceed what the regular rooms at other Courtyard hotels offer. Clean property and extra friendly staff. I am now looking forward to my third stay. Way to go Courtyard Ottawa east!

Room Tip: Ask for the downtown view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank J9257
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, sparkling clean and very very large. The bathroom was huge, and it had a separate shower cabin and a bathtub with another shower. The breakfast was great, and to top it all of, the underground parking is free!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmmm988
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

It is an absolutely gorgeous room. Comes with fridge, microwave and bar sink.. gorgeous king sized bed spacious room.. spacious bathroom... just gorgeous! Lots of desk area and sofa. Plenty of 'free' floor area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dodge2
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The room we were given was huge, immaculate, modern and updated, all the amenities, and a great view of the baseball stadium next door. Underground heated garage offers free parking, the wi fi is free, the service is outstanding, and pricing is very reasonable with the hotel just 3 miles from downtown. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thesportsroadtrip
Reviewed 12 February 2014

To be fair, I just wanted a place to lay my head and leave my bags while I was in town for a couple days. But my room was GORGEOUS. Huge. Had a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean, newish and had great mini shampoos!! Underground parking was sweet in the wintertime. The location was easy to get to for most locations around the city. 5-10 minute drive to anything, which was closer than i expected when i eyeballed it on the map. Nice little breakfast spot by the lobby. The hardest part was my GPS had me turn 5 seconds too early and I landed in the wrong hotel entryway but once i sorted that out, I was golden. I'll go back FOR SURE next time i'm in good ol' Ottawa. :)

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room but I'm near certain they are all quiet and great!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business