“AWFUL SAVE YOUR MONEY”

Oriental House Restaurant
Ranked #1,568 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“AWFUL SAVE YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Horrible food, chicken fried rice tasted smoked and reheated several times. Schezuan chicken was tough and elasticy. Crispy beef had me questioning what part of it was beef the entire 2 minutes we attemtped to eat it. It was hallow thick soggy disgusting batter. They even messed up the steamed rice, didn't think this would be possible. 1st and last time what a waste.

• Visited June 2013

cincinnati
“Nice place”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Nice place... The soup had too much starch, but the rest of the food was very nice. Restaurant was empty, service was very fast.

• Visited April 2013
nj
“real”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

real people, with real food, good recommedations for menu choices, all good... if spice was a problem they helped fix it, we dine twice and dined well

Visited February 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent Oriental Cusine”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The Oriental House Restaurant is located close to downtown Ottawa on Elgin Street. Its food has no MSG added. The menu reminds me of the local food I ate when I lived in Beijing China in 2007-2009. The servings are generous and all well cooked and presented. They offer takeout service. The prices are very good. If you want to experience a genuine Chinese meal this is the place to go!

• Visited September 2012
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
“Health hazard.....”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Me and my family were in Ottawa passing through and I had a craving for Chinese. One street from our hotel, there was the Oriental House and we went there to order. A completely empty restaurant is what we found, so my wife got suspicious, but we ordered anyway.

Back at the hotel, we found the food to be not fresh(reheated chicken), but it was edible. Then to our horror, we found a baby cockroach, which had just crawled from the bag. I can recognize a cockroach anywhere as I have lived through an infestation in my teenage years.

Only order food here at your own peril, be warned.

• Visited July 2012