“Convenient comfortable stay near airport. But no late food.”

Days Inn - Ottawa Airport
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Kingston, ON
“Convenient comfortable stay near airport. But no late food.”
Reviewed 31 December 2007

The Day's Inn Airport is a standard Day's Inn with above average rooms. Upkeep is above average. There is no restaurant. Bonus: a small
fridge and microwave in the room, which is very useful if you arrive late. Room was large and comfortable.

We got there on a slushy snowy evening (we had our car parked in the airport parking lot - $60/week) and could not drive home.

There is a Tim Horton's on the same property, but at 10.30 pm they were "out of soup and sandwiches. Donuts only". We then had the choice
of ordering pizza (which would come cold - but there was the microwave) or find the East Side Mario's further down Hunt Club road. We chose the latter (slow 4 km. drive) and found that ES Mario's is open til 1 a.m, serving real meals.

• Liked — Convenience, comfort
  • Disliked — Search for food
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2007

THIS PLACE SUCKS!! Staff are all rude. My air conditioning stopped cooling in my room and I had to ask 3 times for someone to fix it. The front desk kept asking me if it was "really broken." When the man did come to fix it, I was told I had to keep the radiator at 70 degrees and no cooler. At 70, the room wasn't even getting cool enough on some of these hot days. Staff didn't even care and no apology for the inconvience of this crappy cooling unit.

I would check out in a heart beat if I wasn't still working. Yes, this place is new, but the equipment in the exercise room is rusted and barely useable. The rooms are too warm (if you follow the rules for the tempermental cooling unit), staff are not pleased with helping or even seeming friendly (check in was cool and robotic like).

Furthermore, you have to pay 50 cents per local call. So if you plan to call lots of local attractions to find out about times or prices, etc., get ready to pay for it. Also, the cleaning staff takes forever. I wanted my room made up. I put the sign on my door. I left at 6am to 11am. My room still wasn't done up. After I had been in my room for about an hour and a half, the cleaning woman knocked on my door and said "Oh, your here?" I then said I would be leaving in an hour and she can come back. When she did, I left for an hour. I came back, and she was still cleaning my room. She then told me it would only take another ten minutes of which I had to wait in the hall!!

I will be complaining to the manager. Staff doesn't care. Equipment is sub par. Cleaning staff is slow and not considerate at all.

Just came from another hotel where none of these problems existed!! I'm not overly picky, but I hate having to wake up in a hot room at 6am because the air conditioner decided it had enough and have two staff members this morning basically tell me it was my fault for putting the air at 65 degrees. Days Inn Airport is awful.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank workinginottawa
Ontario
Reviewed 20 November 2005

This was your average, run of the mill Days Inn property. The hotel is clean, quiet and almost brand new, which is always a plus.

Rooms were a good size and the beds were very comfortable. Cable TV selection was also quite good.

I only tried the complimentary breakfast on one occasion and it was pretty average: cereal, coffee, juice, yogurt and muffins.

I got a reduced rate because I was in town on business and given that this location is almost a stone's throw from Ottawa International Airport, the business traveller is obviously their target audience. So make sure you ask about corporate discounts.

The pool was ridiculously small, in fact, I'd barely call it a pool. Wading pond is a better description. It's also a drowning hazard waiting to happen - there were at least 20 kids too many in the pool each time I walked by and since the area is unsupervised, guests can do what they want.

The location is crappy if you're looking to be close to shopping, entertainment and restaurants. There is a Tim Horton's across the parking lot, but you need to drive at least 15 minutes to get to any kind of mall or other amenities. Bus service is almost non-existant despite the fact that the hotel is along a major road.

I arrived late for check-in when I stayed here (after midnight) and a male colleague picked me up at the airport and helped me with my bags into the lobby. The night clerk pulled up my reservation - which said single occupancy - and assumed that since a male companion had come into the hotel with me, he was staying with me as well. The clerk kept referencing my single occupancy and then winking & nodding while looking at my colleague and making totally inappropriate sexual innuendos. I had to tell him off in no uncertain terms and complained to the manager the next day about this guy's unprofessional behaviour.

I found all the staff here to be a bit strange, truth be told. Would stay here again, but only because the price is right.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank ShabbyChique
Montreal, QC
Reviewed 21 July 2005

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot we could see that this was not your usual Days Inn. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was spacious with a king bed, dresser, desk, fridge and table with 2 chairs. The bathroom was average size and contained the tub, toilet and sink. A nice touch was that the window treatments included sheers with the drapes. Everything was very clean. Breakfast is complimentary and is served adjacent to the lobby. It included toast, bagels, croissants, muffins, cereal, oranges, apples, juice, tea and coffee. There are numerous tables and chairs and even a dedicated attendant is present to keep things clean and well stocked. I forgot to have a look at the pool. There is a Tim Hortons right in the parking lot and various other restaurants a short drive away. Even though this property is very close to the airport, we did not hear any planes passing overhead while in our room. Internet access is free but it is not wireless.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank themoon
Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 March 2005

This hotel offers great value, very large and comfortable rooms with ample parking. This is a fairly new hotel and it shows with the lay out and amenities. The location is within minutes of the airport so is idea for the short hop to return a rental or to get a taxi.

There is a 24-hour donut shop across the parking area where guests can get a snack or beverage.

The staff we encountered were extremely pleasant and answered any and all questions. Free newspapers are located in the lobby and there is free high speed Internet in all rooms.

The hotel has a small but very inviting swimming pool and excellent workout facilities.

All considered this hotel is excellent value for the money and should be seriously considered as a place to stay when in Ottawa.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business