“no wifi - are you kidding me?”
Review of Adam's Airport Inn

Adam's Airport Inn
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Grand Manan, Canada
“no wifi - are you kidding me?”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cost and proximity to the EY Center was why I chose this hotel. Reviews I had seen were all favorable but mentioned that the elevator didn't work and that wifi was weak. Well the elevator was still inoperable (what's the story?) You would think a motel could get an elevator repaired in 2 months (one of the earlier reviews I had read from 2 months ago stated elevator didn't work)

The wifi was worse than dial-up. I don't understand how a supposedly modern facility could neglect such an important component of communication and commerce.

I would never stay here again simply because of the wifi inadequacy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank wallace m
LeonAdam, Owner at Adam's Airport Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Mr. Wallace

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at our Inn. In response to the Wifi being weak. I have no explanation in regards to your case because we have had very few if any complaints on our internet being slow. But I can sympathize with you because at home my wifi can be weak at home for no apparent reason. Please know your concern you will be followed with our internet provider being Rogers. We do have a 24 hour tech support for our wifi in the hotel, please bring any problems to our attention I guarantee that we will look at resolving any issues immediately.
As for the elevator , this is a new elevator and not a repair. New installations take about two months considering the pre construction work before installation. As an owner no one is more impatient than I am in seeing this project completed. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience but be assured that I am committed in offering all our guests the best quality and service. I hope would reconsider staying with us in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I needed a room for the night as I arrived late in Ottawa and didn't want to disturb my friends with whom I was going to stay for a few days. The room was clean and spacious with a very comfortable queen size bed, a fridge but no coffee maker, although coffee was available in the lobby. The continental breakfast was ample but nothing special. There was a good internet connection. It would be nice if they had a shuttle service for the airport. The taxi was $18 including the tip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Henry P
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Rooms are very large ! comfortable and clean. Dunn's restaurant in walking distance. Will stay here again. It was 8.00 cab ride to grocery store (Farm Boy and Giant). across the street from a cemetery...easy landmark. Not far from airport. Far enough from road, no road noise. muffins and coffee complimentary. Daily maid service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rosepetu
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

You don't have to pay for parking like you do in downtown Ottawa. Parking is free. They have a breakfast which is awesome (cereal, milk, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, apples....) so you can get up in the morning and go to the breakfast room and started with the day that way in a relaxed manner with the morning news on TV and the local paper. Everything was just fine both times we stayed there. No noise problems. Beds were good. It's not a 5 star hotel but everything works well, is clean and well kept. There was a mini fridge which was good to keep the kids' milk in. The only small thing was that there was no extra blanket in the room and you only get the basic amount of pillows. I knew this from our first stay there so I brought my own extra pillow and blanket from home. (In case you want to be comfortable propped up when watching TV, etc). A short drive away there are restaurants, Walmart, etc. About a 15 min drive to downtown Ottawa which was good for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel...and we've returned ourselves already.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pinhead499286
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Good location, close to the airport. Nice big room with fridge. Good beds, clean, nice staff, good price. I've had several family members stay here when traveling. Recommend if flying out of the Ottawa airport.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Iqaluit, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My partner and I live in Nunavut and often spend time in ottawa for shopping or a layover before connecting to other flights. We often stay at the Adam's airport Inn and we have never been unsatisfied and the good service is consistent. The place is very clean, affordable and the front desk staff are always friendly. I encourage everyone who needs a place to stay close to the airport to stay here! :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here on December 26, 2013. We had an early flight the next day to Cuba. The rooms were big and clean. We packed a picnic supper and left the hotel at 3 am so I didn't try the continental breakfast. On our return, the man at the front desk offered us coffee, tea or hot chocolate and that day's paper. My only wish is that they had a shuttle to the airport. That would make this hotel perfect. We had two cabs and it was $20 per vehicle with tip. Overall I would stay here again or recommend others to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family