Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata
Brookstreet Hotel(Ottawa)
  • Pool
Webb's Motel(Ottawa)
View Hotel
All reviewscanadian tire centrehockey gamesens gameterry foxking suitefree breakfastclosest hotelsmall poolwaffle makersitting areastayed at this hotel for nightsthe hotel staffwould stay here againgreat place to stayfirst floorexcellent hotelminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is an Excellent hotel. The hotel was very clean, staff were helpful and friendly. It offers a great location, very close to the CT Center and the Centrum Shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Overall, I was very impressed. Can't wait to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris S
Dave F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the area. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review and I will share it with our other team members.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The room smelled like a toilet, and the staff were unhelpful.

Worst of all, the hotel was booked solid with young hockey teams that partied in the hallways late at night. We complained several times but our complaints were dismissed.

Also, smallest pool I've ever seen.

Worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you can help it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Dave F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest's,

I am very disappointed to read of your experience this past weekend and would like to extend a sincere apology for these inconveniences. Our goal is to provide a comfortable home away from home for each of our guests while staying with us and I am truly sorry that we could not meet this expectation.

After reviewing your comments and receiving feedback from our staff, it is clear that 2 to 3 rooms that were occupied by a sports team attending a hockey tournament in the Kanata area this weekend, were the root cause of these complaints.

Our hotel makes every effort to prevent situations like this from happening through discussions with team organizers prior to their arrival and again individually during check-in with each parent. Additionally we have security personnel on site so that we can respond immediately to any noise complaints and efficiently prevent our other guests from being disturbed. Regardless of these efforts, it is evident that we failed to provide you with a quiet and comfortable stay, for that we are truly sorry.

Please extend our apologies to other members of your family that were affected by these disturbances. I will attempt to reach out to you personally as we would like an opportunity to provide you with some gesture of goodwill for your negative experience.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

A quaint, clean, beautiful inn with large rooms. This is the one of the best hotel in Ottawa I would come back for sure.
A nice breakfast room with plenty to offer.Awesome!!!!!!
If you have to stay in Ottawa,book here!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank traveltheworld85
Dave F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words and for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Ottawa area. If I can ever be of assistance for future reservation enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband & I booked this hotel as we were attending a hockey game at the Canadian Tire Centre. The location was perfect and we were able to walk to the hockey game and not worry about traffic and parking.

Our room was large, clean and quiet. The beds very comfortable and the pillows were not too bad for a hotel (poor pillows are usually our biggest complaint).

Breakfast was typical for hotel included breakfasts and we were satisfied with the selection.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a King Suite, which was quite large and more room than we really needed, but great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dave F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guests,

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do agree that the short walk to and from the Canadian Tire Centre makes attending a Senators game or concert event hassle free. Thank you for the terrific review and GO SENS GO!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My brother and I stayed here for one night a few weeks ago while in town for a QMJHL game and we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Had a great stay and enjoyed the pool and fitness area in the afternoon. The location is great with a great selection of shopping and restaurants close by to enjoy. Only a short drive to downtown Ottawa as well as to Gatineau, QC, which is where we needed to go for the hockey game. We thought it was great value for the money. Our only complaint would be that they needed at least one more person on the front desk at busy check in time as there were a few people waiting and the only staff member was on the phone. Other than that it was great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest's,

Thank you for the terrific comments provided from your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the services we have such as pool, fitness area and complimentary breakfast. We will keep a closer eye on our scheduling to ensure proper staffing levels are in place to ensure our guests experience a smooth and efficient check-in during busy periods. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Should you ever require assistance with future room reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.