“Exceeded Expectations”
Review of Ashbury House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Ashbury House B&B
Ranked #8 of 55 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

After a busy day in Ottowa, I was greeted by wonderful Charmaine and George with a piece of delicious apple pie. It felt like I was arriving home to a wonderful family. The hosts are really interesting people who have travelled all over the world and have great stories to tell(the one about travelling to England with her cello after 9/11 was especially amazing). I spent 3 days with them in a lovely house enjoying truly delicious breakfasts(fresh fruits, French toast, bacon, eggs, etc.) and wonderful conversations. The room and bathroom were really, really clean; great towels too! They have over 85% return rate and I am not surprised. Great value and location, only a couple of blocks from the Glebe a terrific area of Ottowa with really interesting shops from Spas to coffee shops to clothing, pharmacies etc.
Would absolutely recommend the Ashbury House to anyone who wants great value, wonderful food, friendly people and nice, nice rooms. Did I mention the beautiful flowers on the dining room table? I could go on and on.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank connie l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

From the time we arrived (greeted by Charmaine with an amazing apple pie) to the time we left six days later, we were treated like family. The room was cosy and spacious and the breakfasts delicious, with fresh fruits and homemade pancakes. This was definitely good value for money, and is in a good location for exploring the city.
Nothing was too much trouble for George and Charmaine, they were friendly and helpful, and I would highly recommend their home to anyone looking for accommodation in Ottawa. PS Loved Scotty the dog too!

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room on the top floor, which had kitchen facilities, and a balcony out the bac...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lyn P
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We are new to B&Bs, and had never stayed at a B&B in Canada. We travelled with our 3 children, 5, 9, and 12 to Ottawa for a family wedding on the September long weekend. Charmaine and George warmly and generously welcomed us. At a rehearsal dinner, later that evening, my 5 year old excitedly explained to everyone that a "Breakfast in Bed (sic) is where people just let you stay in their house and they bring you pie and homemade iced tea." My husband and I, but our children especially, felt welcomed and special in their beautiful home. The house was beautiful yet comfortable and quiet but you never felt like you had to be quiet. There are so many lovely things to write about our experience that weekend, but my favorite was the wonderful breakfast conversation. It was interesting and fun; and expertly facilitated by talented hosts. Thank you so much. Tracey and Family

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We recently relocated to Ottawa and stayed at Ashbury House when we were in town to find a new home. When we arrived, we were welcomed by apple pie in our room. Our room was lovely. The decor was charming and the bed was cozy. Breakfast was incredible. On our first morning we had the best French toast I have ever eaten, made with homemade bread and piled high with fresh fruit from the market. George and Charmaine were amazing hosts who kindly offered us advice on Ottawa's different neighbourhoods. The Glebe location was great for exploring the city. The value was amazing considering the prices of standard hotels with bland continental breakfasts and without any charm. Ahsbury House is everything a bed and breakfast should be. Not having a lot of extra space at home, when friends and family come to visit us now we will definitely refer them to Ashbury House!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Maple room, which I believe was one of the smaller rooms and were pleasantly surpri...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 22Tan
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We don't have any words more, to commend this lovely HOME. Oh! The breakfasts were beyond delicious, but more was the genuine warmth of the hosts. Charmaine and George made us feel more at home than possible. Indeed! We wished we could have spent another night, but time would not permit it. Thank you Charmaine and George for the lovely UPGRADE! We very much enjoyed our time with you and assure you, we'll always look you up first. We have also recommended your establishment to friends and relatives! Thank you for making our 30th a most memorable one. BTW, Sheri and I keep in touch!

Room Tip: All rooms have en-suite/private bathrooms - a blessing for a B&B.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sukhbir M
George N, Owner at Ashbury House B&B, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for your generous comments. It was a pleasure hosting you. Very best wishes with love, Charmaine and George
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ashbury House was the perfect place to spend our visit to Ottawa. I have traveled a lot, and can confidently say that George and Charmaine are simply the best hosts ever. They are friendly and generous and from the moment we met them it felt like we were old friends. Ashbury House is absolutely stunning and succeeds in balancing old world charm with modern amenities. Plus, the breakfasts were amazingly delicious. I grew up in the Glebe and this B&B couldn't be more perfectly situated; close to the canal, close to public transport, and nestled in the heart of one of Ottawa's best (and safest) neighbourhoods. This has most certainly become our home-away-from-home, and we couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa F
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our stay at the Ashbury House B&B was perfect - from the comfortable bedroom and cozy front porch, the delicious breakfasts, the charming and helpful hosts, to the great Glebe neighbourhood just 2 blocks from the front door - we look forward to our return, our return HOME !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple