“Everything you need in one place...”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently stayed at The Business Inn for the first time. I was completely unsure what to expect, but I was very impressed with the amenities at this place.

The room, for one, was huge.

We opted for a one bedroom suite, and it was bigger than most apartments I've been inside of.

There was a full living-room, dinning room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom! In the kitchen, there was also a small table with two chairs to eat in. The kitchen was stocked with everything needed to make a home-cooked meal (which was what we did!). Pots, baking wear, plates, cutlery, coffee maker... even a pressure cooker and coffee bean grinder!

The entire apartment was incredibly clean, and the furnishings were mostly modern-esque, but still warm and cozy. It appears that they have recently updated the furniture...The bedding was soft, and there was plenty of pillows. Oh, and the televisions? Huge, flat-screens in both the living area and the bedroom!

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place.. It's true that if you look closely, you will see signs of wear on the building itself - there was some small cracks in the living-room ceiling, and our balcony was a little crumbly on the edges, but it's nothing excessive that can't be looked past.

Service was friendly and courteous, too: from the gentleman I met at check-in, to the cleaning staff I encountered in the halls.

I would absolutely suggest a stay here for anyone looking for the "at-home" feeling. I'll definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MLHCO
Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is the only place I will stay when in Ottawa. The rooms are always spotless and since I travel for work and have hundreds of hotel stays per year I would rate this as # 1 for cleanilness. The building may be dated as some people comment however that does not take away from the superiour cleanliness of the room and customer service.........anyone who is looking for something "fancy", there are plenty of other hotels in Ottawa that would charge your more than double the price and you would not get the cleanliness and customer service offered at this hotel........Josh and Julie are the gems at the front desk that make returning here feel like you are coming home. They remember you by name and despite my numerous "fussy" requests, they always manage to deliver.
Love this place and highly recommend it unless you are a snob and want the Riz........then go elsewhere and leave this gem for us to enjoy.

Room Tip: always like the rooms in the back....altough I do hear that people are not bothered by the traffic i...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jjejermaster
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I recently travelled to Ottawa on business and stayed at The Business Inn for 2 nights. I couldn't believe how big the hotel room was--it was a one-bedroom suite, with a small kitchen (complete with dishes, pots and pans, cutlery, etc--everything you need) plus dining and living room combined. It also came furnished with a computer, with wireless highspeed internet. The furnishings and bathroom in my room were a bit dated, but clean and comfortable. The gym is a bit small, but I was able to do my workout. And the complimentary breakfast was awesome. They have the makings of an "egg mcmuffin", with your choice of bacon, sausage and cheese--and someone to heat it up for you. You can toast your own waffle, bagel or bread. They have muffins, cereal, oatmeal and fresh fruit. And their fridge is stocked with yogurt, cheese, hard boiled eggs and juice. I was very impressed with the choices.

The bed was extemely comfortable; however, the hotel is situated above a pub, so I did have to deal with late night/early morning noise--which I guess is to be expected being that I stayed there on St. Patrick's Day. I had a noise issue the second night, although the noise was coming from the room below; however, both of these issues were not the fault of the hotel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If possible, I would suggest requesting a room that is not on the same street as the pub entrance. A...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank coljungau
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I haven't even arrived yet and I am already sensing a lack of customer service. I sent an inquiry about transportation from the airport and my response was "taxi or city bus". Not signed, not personalized. Nothing. I sure hope my arrival is better.......

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Everything you need for a family or business trip including friendly and courteous service! In the heart of the Capital you are close to shops, all amenities and just a short ten minute walk from downtown and the parliament buildings. Rooms are well equipped with kitchenettes, a dining area two big screen TVs, computer and living rooms. Book it and see the view as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Packman58
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed two nights while in town for business. I was on the top floor and had a beautiful view of the city. Elgin Street is filled with wonderful pubs and restaurants all within an easy walk of the hotel and the on premise sports bar also had excellent food. I dare you to find better accomodations for the price in any capitol city in the world.

Room Tip: 12th Floor Suite!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Want more!!! Good Luck, I have stayed at the Business Inn now for apprx 20 mths. The front office manager and staff are extremely friendly, willing to help you at anytime for any type of situation to make your stay simply Number One (1). Excellent amenities, continental breakfast is 2nd to none. My room is always clean, the entire maintenance staff from cleaning ladies to repair, install teams are amazing (best I have ever seen and are supper friendly). this is my 2nd time staying at the Business Inn since 2000 and I have to say its location is fantastic. Offers direct access to the Elgin Street which is always a bee hive of activity. Tourist attractions, like Parliment Hill, the canal for winter and summer activities, The Byward market which is one of the main attractions in Ottawa is only a 20 minute walk away which is excellent. The staffs attention to making a families stay most enjoyable is again fantastic. No problem getting an extra bed, more towels, etc. Plse take the time to spend a night or two or even 3 plus at the Business Inn.

Room Tip: I have a corner suite which is perfect for a family of 4. The balony is located facing the north and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business