“AN AMAZING OTTAWA HOTEL”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
London, Canada
“AN AMAZING OTTAWA HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I have seen the Business Inn in Ottawa on numerous occasions since it is just around the corner from where our son lives. We've stayed at a number of other hotels in the area because it is very close to everything.

This was our first stay at the Business Inn and it will not be our last. Our experience was totally positive. While this is an older property, they get everything right. The place is very clean and well maintained. We were given an upgrade to a Suite which had a separate bedroom, its own computer and printer station and a proper kitchen. The hotel offers a choice of above-ground and underground parking at a reasonable cost. The complimentary breakfast which the hotel offers was a real bonus and included many items which are normally not part of a usual continental breakfast. What stands out is the high quality and professional service provided by the front desk staff.

We will definitely stay at the Business Inn again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed at Business inn & suites 7-10 April one bed room suite. Spacious suite with full kitchen. Centrally located in Ottawa downtown, 10 minutes walk from Parliament hill. Plenty of eating places and public transport. Desktop computer & printer available in the room. Only needs new furniture.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

You might say hotel is not smoking brand new or not a top 5 stars hotel in heart of Ottawa but believe me. I had being in many hotels in many countries and i have not felt so cozy, like in family place as in this hotel. When i first open the door i though i was getting into my bachelor's appt many years ago (of course without the mess)

Room 606 was nice layout. It does not give the impression you are in a hotel but at home. They take care of details on even having one of those power outlets with usb output for smartphones chargers. Tv's i bet is similar or better than one at home. Remote controllers are even high class Harmony 650!

At front desk Cesar was kind, offering great input on the city and providing great service. This is the kind of people you should love to have helping your business to grow.

True, i was only one night. But being in so many hotels you learn to see what you need to see.

Breakfast room is big. Even being a continental service you have a dedicated helper.

I believe hotel location couldn't be better.

For the price, conditions, commodity, location withing a city, service and quality i bet you wont be able to match a better hotel in Ottawa.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

On this trip to Ottawa I decided to give The Business Inn a try. I must admit that this decision was influenced by the reviews that I read in advance on Trip Advisor. I have stayed at a couple of other hotels in Ottawa in the past (and those stays were terrific) but they can get to be expensive, and on this occasion I needed to be a little more budget conscience. I must agree with others who have reviewed this place that you get good value for your money. Don't expect brand new looking furnishings, or modern looking bathrooms, but the room/hallways were clean and everything worked. Although I brought my laptop and there was wi-fi, the hotel also provided a desktop computer in the room that had internet access. Our room also had a kitchen, but our stay was short enough that we did not use anything other than the refrigerator and the coffee maker. We did take in the complementary breakfast, and while it might not rival those offered by some chain hotels, it was fine. A nice extra however was that you could grab a bag from a cooler that contained an apple, a Nutrigrain bar, a small bottled water, and some prepackaged cookies to take for lunch (and if you so desire throw in some other stuff from the cooler such as some cheese snacks and yogurt).

As I was driving to Ottawa on this occasion, there was a $15 a day charge for parking - which I was aware of in advance - and I was assigned an underground spot. Access into the garage is controlled by the front desk staff, so I do believe it is a relatively secure area - and given the hotel's location meant that I could leave my vehicle there and walk to wherever I wanted to go (Parliament Hill, Byward Market, Rideau Centre). I did find the smell in the garage to be a little strong - as the garbage bins are in the parking area - but I did not have to spend much time there so it was not a major problem for me.

Bottom line is - as others have said - that given the location of The Business Inn and the rate that they charge, you do get good value for your money, and I would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a great experience at The Business Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to be accommodating when I made an error with my reservation. The rooms were very clean and everything worked. The bed was extremely comfortable and the suite well appointed. The free breakfast was done very well with lots of choices including a freshly made hot breakfast sandwich. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at The Business Inn for one night. Since it was once an apartment building, the rooms are large and equipped with a kitchen. The hotel is located in the downtown core which makes it easy for walking to the major attractions in Ottawa. I would definitely recommend the hotel because of its location and the comfortable beds. The hotel also offers a breakfast which is certain to keep one satisfied for the day.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you choose a room away from the elevator.