“Dollar for dollar, best deal.”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“Dollar for dollar, best deal.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was not our first time staying at The Business Inn and again we were not disappointed. The staff at the reception desk are great... friendly and professional. The room/suite was spacious and very comfortable. It's also close to some of the best restaurants and pubs in Ottawa. Walking distance to Parliament Hill, museums, ByWard Market etc... Our only disappointment was that we couldn't stay another night... book early, it is becoming a very popular choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I used this hotel last year and it was great. I won't repeat all the good things about the great staff, good location, OK breakfast etc.

Not good this time.

A month ago, I reserved a large suite. I called the day before my stay to confirm my suite and let them know my late arrival. When I got there, they gave me a smaller suite, "Because it was the only one left" = didn't hold my suite :( The AC worked, TV didn't, burnt our lights, bumpy bed, torn furniture and dangerous electric outlets touching the bed (see pics). They fixed the lights and TV that night, but didn't agree to give me another room or suite until the next day. Second room had some things wrong, but was much better. This room AC was not working well, so they gave me a fan - it helped a little.

I might stay there 1 more time, but not more if I have problems that time.

Lesson = you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay here and it really is difficult to find any faults, perhaps what you have to bear in mind is it's not a luxury/boutique hotel but it has everything you need, is spotlessly clean and very good value for money, also location is good, about 10 minutes walk to Parliament Hill.
We had a studio on the 7th. floor with a balcony, all studios above the 5th. floor have balconies although they are unfurnished. The room was very spacious, dining area, good kitchen area and although the units were dated it was all really clean and full of pots, pans, electric kettle, coffee maker, microwave, fridge/freezer ... you name it and it was there!
We also had lots of storage, two double wardrobes, cupboards and lots of drawer space. There was a large flat screen T.V and if you were on business there was a computer and printer. The free wi-fi we found reliable and fast when we used it.
I think our only slight complaints were the lack of a safe in the room and the bed. Although it was very comfortable it was just a standard size, not even a queen,so a bit on the small side. As it was very warm in the room this exacerbated the problem. The air con was effective but noisy although we did also have two electric fans which were quieter,
Breakfast is included in the rate and consists of a help yourself buffet, hot and cold and lots to choose from, we had toasted muffins with egg, sausage and bacon but you could choose whatever you wanted, it was all cooked while you wait.
Parking is available underground, we had a large parking space for 15$ a day, come and go as you please.
Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and gave us some good advice about the local attractions, places to eat etc.

Room Tip: Floors above 5th. floor have balconies.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent a very comfortable week at the Business Inn in Ottawa. Plan on returning each time I visit this lovely city during the warm months of the year! The location is perfect for Parliament Hill, the symphony hall, Byward Mkt and all other attractions and connections. It is a converted apartment building so not confined to a typical hotel room. The front staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating even NOT charging for the first night when my connecting flight was canceled into Canada! Have never had a hotel be that understanding!! The daily breakfast was most generous along with providing a take away snack bag for those who wished! My only suggestion would be upgrading the ventilation and a-c in the breakfast area (or a window that opens) and installing a more effective system in the bedroom suites. Perhaps having two in staff in the breakfast area would improve the clean up of the tables and trash. Too much for one person to do during the busy season.

Room Tip: Quiet side faces parking lot and other nearby apartments w/nice view of city. Street side on Elgin c...
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Business Inn offers all you’d need to feel home. We had a very large apartment, with well equipped kitchen, free laundry facility, good breakfast. It is located very close to the centre. You can park for free on the street, which is quite exceptional. Downside: the furniture is outdated and aksing for a quick renovation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort McMurray, AB, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is great value. For a very good price you get a suite with a full kitchen and separate bedroom (with a TV). Balcony was spacious and allowed for my enjoyment of the beautiful weather! The location is great (on Elgin St.) - 3 bus routes run right by the hotel, lots of pubs nearby, a wine store and Boushey's Fruit Market a block away. Contrary to what another post mentioned, I did not find it difficult at all to navigate Ottawa's bus system. In fact, I would really recommend it for getting around, especially to/from the Airport, Aviation Museum and War Museum. Other than that, you can walk to/from almost anywhere from The Business Inn.

Special mention goes to Mark and the gang at the front desk. They were friendly, helpful and made my stay most enjoyable. I will be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank iluvfrance
Iqaluit, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had to stay in Ottawa for five weeks for medical treatment, all but three days of it in a hotel. I chose Business Inn after researching it and I'm glad I did. It has all the essentials and then some - a printer wired to the internet! Full kitchen. Free laundry room. Well-equipped fitness room. The breakfast room is miles above the usual facility of that name, having fresh cut fruit salad, good coffee, fresh baked goods, yogurt, and hot egg sandwiches with choice of hot meat. With a city block are at least a dozen cafes, restaurants, bistros and bakeries. There is a fabulous grocery store just down the street, Bousheys, with terrific produce and take-home cooking from many ethnic cuisines.

When my medical stay turned from five weeks to who-knows, the hotel staff became protective of me, from the housekeepers who would refrain from vacuuming at my request, to the housemen who once again set my TV remote to rights, to the front desk, who passed through familiar visitors but announced new ones, never getting it wrong.

Okay, the furniture is outdated, and the wifi sucks. Bring a favourite bedspread and pillow cushion or two, and one of those blue cables to wire your pet computer to the wall, if possible. Because otherwise the place is perfect for a long stay during convalescence, and at an extremely reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo