“Wow, this wasnt a hotel, it was a full fledged apartment”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Huge apartment, great welcoming staff, underground parking facility although comes at 15$ a day but convenient, nice hot breakfast, even a breakfast to go bag while you leave, a printer and a computer in every room- may be the only hotel equipped with everything any traveller would need...

Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am in Ottawa at least 60 days per year. About 4 months ago, I decided to move from the hotel I used to go to. I checked on trip advisor and found this great place.It fits my needs perfectly. Very large bed, big tv with many french chanels, free internet, free breakfast with cheese, muffins, fruits,yogourt, cereals, orange juice etc..full kitchen and all that for a very small price. The front staff is very friendly and they always welcome me by my name when I enter the door. It might seems funny to some people but it is very important for me. I could not support anymore going to an hotel where after more than 100 times , most of the staff was still asking for a picture to confirm my reservation. The first time that I spoke to Josh, it felt like home. It is not a fancy hotel like some of the hotels, I went to. There is no view but it fits my needs perfectly and I like the student ambiance of the area. For the price,it is the best deal in Ottawa by far.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Previous reviews are accurate, the rooms (apartments) are huge.

A little dated but everything in my room was in good order

Large balconies, big kitchen and living/dining areas.

Location is good, prices are great ( I paid $109) and parking is only $15 a night.

If your looking for value or an inexpensive apartment, this is it.

Bottom line, I'd come here again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

When we got to our room, the bed was very small, very uncomfortable, and we had requested a queen. In addition, the shower curtain was broken. However, they moved us to another room, which was much larger, remodeled and had a large bed. It was a suite with a lovely view, and nice kitchen and bath. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Josh took the time to tell us of things to do and where to find them on the map. Good experience.

Would stay again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had an excellent stay at the Business Inn in a Executive Suite, which included a PC with printer, large screen TV, full kitchen, suit steamer. I could go on and on about all the little extras. Their attention to details and amenities is impressive!
One of the other things that impressed me was the free laundry. A large number of washers and dryers setup for guest use.
The breakfast included breakfast sandwich prepared individually by staff, plus the usual yogurt, fruit and cereals. Also prepared lunch\snack bags.
One of the biggest plus was location. Pubs, restaurants and grocery stores all very close and still only short walking distance to Parliament, the Market District and a Mall. We enjoyed several late night walks along the canal. We will be back!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive Suite. It is worth the small increase in price.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was the most generous hotel I've stayed in! The room is actually an apartment, I could easily live there! Spacious, clean and confortable. There is a guest laundry and it is complimentary! They even provide you with free soap... Amazing!

1  Thank claubarros
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent 1 night at the Business Inn in late May and were amazed. 2 pm Check-in is early by normal standards but a nice feature. We were quickly upgraded as our room was not ready. The room and property were clean. The room included a computer with free internet, a fully equiped kitchen. The bed was comfortable with a nice assortment of pillows. The included continental breakfast was more than I have ever experienced as a chef was there to cook up delicious egg on English Muffin sandwiches. The icing on the cake were the free "snacks to go" which included a bag with an apple, cookies and a nutrigrain bar! It should be noted that this hotel is not the "Ritz" and accomodations are modest and dated. The only other drawback is there is no place to leave your vehicle when you check in. We had to park 3 blocks away before we were able to procure a parking pass for hotel parking. That being said, you are getting more than your money's worth when you stay at the Business Inn. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple