“Wonderful hotel”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel (Mini Suite) for two nights earlier this month based on other reviews I had seen and it did not disappoint. It was reasonably priced especially for its location and every room has its own little kitchen unit. Each room also comes with its own computer and printer that is free to use (I printed off maps of the area so I knew where I was walking). The front desk employees were very nice and friendly, and they will even loan you an umbrella. Checking in and out only takes a couple of minutes.

I think the best part was the free breakfast. They would make you breakfast sandwiches and there was a variety of food including waffles, pancakes, toast, croissants, fruit, cheese, yoghurt, tea/coffee, and juices.

There is also free wifi and free laundry facilities available.

Amazing hotel and close to a lot of restaurants and some attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good things unfolded one at a time at the Business Inn: a great neighbourhood near Parliament and a great rate, a nice lobby, a huge and very comfortable room with wide windows and all the ameneties (e.g., kitchen, steamer, USB outlets). The Tom Thompson painting was a nice finishing touch. I was enjoying soaking all this in on the comfortable bed, turned on the bedside lamp, and experienced 120 volts running across my chest through to my other hand, which was holding a laptop. I was fine, but have occasional heart issues and feel the lamp could have caused a real emergency. At the end of my stay the staff wrote down my room number and promised to look into it. However, I feel the onus was on them to make the room safe in the first place rather than through trial and error, and that is rather hard for me to forgive such a serious accident.

3  Thank James D
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When we checked in we were upgraded to a bigger room (apartment). The apartment we stayed in was bigger than our apartment back home. The hotel was a bit worn down, had a very good gym which we used and ok breakfast. The hotel is perfectly located close to most of the attractions. We will definitely stay here again if we come back

Make sure that you visit the Sir John A pub across the street, they had a very good selection of beer.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights in July. Location terrific for walking, sight seeing and enjoying downtown Ottawa. Breakfasts included are great. - hot and cold, great variety, eat as much as you want. Free laundry facility. Free wifi. Three distinguishing touches not the the norm in most Canadian hotels where we've stayed. A real treat.

1  Thank sm_ey12
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was wow'ed by the sheer greatness of the room. It is incredibly well equipped; a massive TV, a sofa set, a dinner set, a fridge, a stove(!), kitchen counter and even a functional PC. I feel so stupid for lugging my heavy yet small laptop around. The reception guy is funny, charming and courteous. I was having a small issue with my credit card but he was really patient and gave me helpful suggestions. Wait a minute, have I mentioned free breakfast? For a short budget stay at a great location, this hotel is unsurpassed!

Room Tip: The inn faces a resident building so travellers who wants more privacy should request for rooms at h...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Iris N
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The service at the hotel was excellent. They were able to accommodate three adults and one 2 year old in one of their studio rooms. Breakfast was good. Location is close to a ton of restaurants and even an organic grocery store. My meetings were at the Ottawa University and it was only a 5 min walk to the campus. The room was pretty spacious and included a desktop computer with a printer, which was great for us. Also there was a full kitchen with a stove, fridge, ton of cupboard space, and enough room to spare for a little breakfast table. The decorations and furniture were comfortable but definitely could have used an upgrade. That was the only downside. Plus no pool. But for the price, I am not complaining at all. Overall, great place and great price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The service was excellent. The hotel needs a bit of an upgrade. But you can't go wrong for the price. The hotel is a few minutes away from the fun stuff to visit with kids. Free breakfast was copious and the folks that served it were very nice. The giant TVs blaring away in the room were a bit unfortunate, but I guess this is a business hotel first and foremost.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family